Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for file sync program (WebDAV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for file sync program (WebDAV)

Hi there,

I recently switched from ownCloud to OX. I really liked the ownCloud Sync client which did a two-way sync of one or more remote folders with a local folder so that you always have a offline copy of your files with you.
    Does someone know a tool which gives this functionality to OX?
    It seems to me, the OX updater offers some kind of offline sync. But if I understood it right, the OX updater is not freely available. Additionally, only a client for Windows and Mac are available but I also need a client for Linux.

Thanks in advance
    Andreas

There is OX Drive for Windows, OX Drive for Mac, OX Drive for iOS and OX Drive for Android. They also provide a two way sync. The OX Updater just shows the possibility to set up a WebDAV connection to Drive which is legacy stuff and cannot be used for offline sync.
    Unfortunately there is no OX Drive client for Linux which annoys me every day myself.

Comment

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, I can't find a possibility to download the OX Client for Windows. In the oxpedia I found the notice that the OX Drive client for Windows can be downloaded using the OX Updater - which I don't have as mentioned above. And in my OX installation under Settings -> Downloads there are also only links for Mac / iOS / Android ...
      Can you tell me, where I can download the client?

Comment

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, I can't find a possibility to download the OX Client for Windows. In The oxpedia I found the notice that the OX Drive client for Windows can be downloaded using the OX Updater. And in my OX installation under Settings -> Downloads there are also only links for Mac / iOS / Android ...
        Can you tell me, where I can download the client?

Comment

The Drive client for Windows is only available with a valid license key (together with the Updater):

Comment

Unfortunately, I already expected this answer

Are there any other sync-clients I can use? Eventually a non OX-specific application but more a generic WebDAV sync client?

Comment

The Drive API is public but specific to OX so I don't think that there is any third party application out there at this moment.
              For WebDAV based sync I don't have personal experience with any so I could only Google it for you w/o own experience.

Comment

Thanks anyway for your help, Wolfgang!

Comment

Working...
                X