Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointments and resources in OX

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Open-Xchange and have some general questions about it. At our company we use it for a while now, but I just started to spend more time with it as I have to rely more heavily on it.

We are using Open-Xchange community edition 7.8.0-Rev6.

I have a hard time to find any information about the differences between the community edition and other versions. If the following questions are answered somewhere in the documentation, please point me there. I'm happy to read it up myself.
    1. Subscribe to appointments which are not part of my calendars - I'm invited to many events on different team calendars. This creates appointments in the OX App Suite which is great, but I'm not able to subscribe to my appointments (e.g. in Thunderbird) without signing up for each team calendar. This I don't want to do because my calendar will get littered with a lot of events I'm not interested in. Is there a way to subscribe to my appointments (e.g. in Thunderbird) without subscribing to each calendar they are on?
    2. Display resource usage - We have a couple of meeting rooms we are using for our meetings. They are added as resources in OX and assigned to the corresponding meeting which works great. Unfortunately you only know if a resource is available when you try to assign it to an event. Right now we create two entries for a resource, one where the resource is linked to an event and one in a separate calendar where all the booked resources are listed. Is there a way to display the usage of all or parts of the available resources?

Any help is greatly appreciated. As stated before, I'm pretty new to Open-Xchange and I'm happy to do my own research if you can point me into the right direction.

Thank you,
    Christian

For item 1:
    hmm, in OX once you have been invited to an appointment this appointment is linked into your personal calendar. At least it's supposed to be. This is not the case for you?

2. the planning view also shows resources. The calendar of the resource cannot be viewed directly though.

Comment

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for your response. After your comment I had a closer look at my appointments and the entries in my personal calendar. I realized that some of my appointments are showing up in my personal calendar while others don't. I will have a closer look on the differences and the possible reasons for that.

The tip with the resources in the scheduling view is great. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess there is no way to show certain resources by default in the scheduling view.

Again thank you very much. Your response was a big help.

Christian

Comment

Hello Wolfgang,

I took a closer look at the appointments which show up in my private calendar and the ones which don't. As soon as an appointment is part of the publish calendar it doesn't become part of my private calendar. Do you happen to know if there is a setting for this?

Thanks again,
        Christian
        Last edited by Mr.Dice; 04-09-2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? Is there a way that appointments on public calendars become part of your personal calendar? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
          Christian

Comment

Working...
          X