Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Login over imap

Hi there

I recently tried to install open xchange app suite with imap authentication. In my opinion, it works with only one problem: I dont get a ox-user from imap login at first login.

What i did:
    1) I configured my server.
    2) I created a context (1) with name example.org (my real domain....)
    3) I logged in with username@example.org

Step 3 worked until the login onto the ox. In the log file i see the successful login onto the imap server:
    Code:
    Imap authentication for user username@example.org successful on host mail.example.org:993
    [....]
    com.openexchange.exception.OXException: USR-0015 Categories=ERROR Message='Cannot find user with identifier username in context 1.' exceptionID=2068486127-18
    Somebody know what im doing wrong? Is there a "create user on first login option?"

OX v7.6.0
    debian 7.6 x64

Thank you all a lot for your help.

engeliii23

Hi engeliii23,

it seems that the user in your context is missing. For user creation please follow the documentation on this page:

At the moment it is not possible to automatically create a user when trying to sign in.
    --
    Benedikt Kröning
    Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

I already know that page, studied it for a long time :-)

Originally posted by Benedikt Kröning View Post
      At the moment it is not possible to automatically create a user when trying to sign in.
      So I understand you right, that I need to create every user which exists on my imap-server again on my ox-instance? Is there a workaround or sth or an integration with ispconfig to prevent that?

Regards engeliii23

Comment

Originally posted by engeliii23 View Post
        So I understand you right, that I need to create every user which exists on my imap-server again on my ox-instance? Is there a workaround or sth or an integration with ispconfig to prevent that?
        A user always has to exist within the Open-Xchange system prior to first login for several reason. There is no way around that.
        (In certain environments this can be achieved automatically but this needs to have all mandatory information available "somewhere" and required a more or less complex plugin for authentication which you would need to implement.)

For ispconfig there is something available though:

This is a third party integration plugin (afaik commercial).

If you had some LDAP somewhere there would be oxldapsync as well:

Comment

But is there no way to just "tell" ox to create a account like the one in the basic-installation tutorial with no special things except username/password and the login information will be there from ox provided (like now?) I mean this way a user needs to "Sing up" twice with the same login data? :S Is the sence of the imap-authentication plugin only to not need a 2nd password for ox?

Comment

There is no need for another password.
            The open-xchange-authentication-* package just determines against which system the authentication is performed. If you use -imap then OX will perform an imap login and if it succeeds it will let the user in.
            In any case the user need to exist before in OX. The password you define during creation of the user is not relevant anymore though. (It still is used for internal RMI/admin access using the provisioning interface or CLTs in case of the contextadmin.)

Comment

Working...
            X