Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs or Features: Participants

Dear OX Hackers,

my colleagues and I did a lot of OX playing during the last couple of weeks. During this course we found a few strange behaviors I would like to discuss with you. We are not sure if they are bugs or features:

1. If you create a task and add a participant and save this task, the participant does not get any information about this task. If you delete the task the participant is informed about the deletion. I would expect that the participant of the task is also informed about the creation (and any change until it is deleted).
    2. Lets assume you create an appointment with an attachment and save it. If you add an (external) participant afterwords she will receive an invitation but the attachment is missing. Instead if you add the participant during the initial creation of the appointment the attachment is part of the invitation. I would expect that any participant (regardless when it she added to the appointment) will receive the invitation containing the attachment.
    3. If you add an appointment and add (external) participants they will receive invitations. If these participants respond to these invitations you would assume that the status about their response is updated in tab of the appointment. Unfortunately, we could not generate any status change of participants in OX (with Outlook 2007, 2010, GMail and Kontact 4.9). I would expect that status information about participants are updated each time a participant responses.

This behavior could be seen with different OX 6.20 versions (e.g., OX.IO, 1&1, Strato).

I would like to discuss these bugs or features with you before I report them to the OX bugzilla.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Last edited by tking; 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM. Reason: OX versions added.

Originally posted by tking View Post
    3. If you add an appointment and add (external) participants they will receive invitations. If these participants respond to these invitations you would assume that the status about their response is updated in tab of the appointment. Unfortunately, we could not generate any status change of participants in OX (with Outlook 2007, 2010, GMail and Kontact 4.9). I would expect that status information about participants are updated each time a participant responses.
    The recipient must open the reply mail and use one of the buttons displayed at the top of the mail to authorize the change to the actual appointment.

Comment

Thank you very much for answering part 3 of my questions.
      We also did many tests between OX systems meaning that a user on one OX system is inviting another user on another OX system. However, the user who invited another never got an acknowledgment whether the other user accepted the invitation or not.

I attached an image to illustrate what I mean. screenshot_participants.png Here one user invited another and the other accepted the invitation. However, no status change occurs on the screen of the user who send out the invitation.

Could you please look into this?

Best regards,
      Thomas

Comment

What mails are sent between these users as the invitation and as the response?

Comment

Hi Viktor,

thanks for your reply. I suggest I create an appointment on my OX.io account and I invite you to this appointment. Then you receive the email (invitation) and by accepting it you'll see which email is generated. What do you think about this? What is your email address?

Best regards,
          Thomas

Comment

The problem seems to be missing mails. To detect that, we would have to either wait a day between each try, or communicate in real time. To arrange the latter, please contact support.

What I asked for was something like a sniff of the SMTP traffic between the two systems. For that, it would be helpful if both were on the same LAN and/or the same person should be able to control both systems. For that, you don't need me.

Comment

Hi Viktor,

thank you very much for your reply.

As I am using hosted Open-Xchange solutions I cannot provide a SMTP sniff. However, you can easily reproduce the behavior I described by creating two OX.io accounts yourself. With these accounts you can reproduce the bug I described above.

Btw: What is the right place to drop this bug report in your bugzilla?

Thanks for your reply.
              Thomas

Comment

The proper place to report bugs with hosted open-Xchange is with the hosting provider. If there's something actually wrong, we probably need access to the server logs, so the hosting provider needs to be involved anyway.

BTW: It works fine for me on ox.io.

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback.

With OX.io I tried it again without any luck! :-( Just to be sure: you see in the participants tab of your appointment the invited participant with a status other than waiting? If yes I do something terrible wrong. :-(
                  Last edited by tking; 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Yes, and just to be sure:
                    First, I see the reply mail from the participant.
                    Then, I click on the "Update" link in the top right corner of the mail detail view.
                    Only after that is the participant status updated in the participants tab of the appointment.

Comment

Ok, it is me. I did not know that I have to update my appointment "manually".

Thank you very much for clarifying this!

Thomas

Comment

Victor clarified #3. However #1 and #2 are still open. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Thomas

Comment

Working...
                        X