Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX 6.6 admin gui interface

Hi,

I have installed the 6.6 ox6 sp4 beta version on sles10 sp2 succefully.
    No worries on the install process, I have the user interface working.

Does someone can explain me why there is no admin interface to manage user account, groups or system?

Thanks,

Seb

Hi all,

I have to install this product for 5000 mailbox in september.
    I really need to known if there is an admin interface like the "express edition".

It's very important.

Thanks in advance,

Seb

Comment

Hi Seb,

there was a Admin GUI for a special version of OX 6.4, but it is not available for the latest version, OX 6.6. With the latest version we introduced some administrative self-service functionality to the ordinary user interface: Users can manage their password, resources and groups without a dedicated graphical admin interface (if this feature is granted to them). The user/server administration needs to be done on the command line or via RMI - for a project with about 5000 mailboxes it would be more effective to handle administrative tasks batch-based which was not possible with the admin gui anyway.

Greetings

Comment

In addition to martin's post - there are some cool administrative tools around like an automativ directory syncer for active directory or OpenlDAP.

Within a 5000 user projects there are some things you have to take care of - simply send me an email to daniel.halbe[AT]open-xchange.com and desribe the project, I will call you to support you or send you information you need for big projects.

Best regards,

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by sebos13 View Post
          I really need to known if there is an admin interface like the "express edition".
          Does the 6.6 express edition have an administrative interface?

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
          there was a Admin GUI for a special version of OX 6.4, but it is not available for the latest version, OX 6.6. ... The user/server administration needs to be done on the command line or via RMI
          That's sad to hear. It would be great for smaller deployments to have access to the 6.4 admin interface... I am currently using the command line, but how would I use rmi? Is there any external administration tools available that makes use of rmi?

Originally posted by admin View Post
          ...there are some cool administrative tools around like an automatic directory syncer for active directory or OpenLDAP.
          Interesting! This would mean we could manage our users in OpenLDAP wholly? Where can we read more about these tools?

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Within a 5000 user projects there are some things you have to take care of - simply send me an email to daniel.halbe[AT]open-xchange.com and describe the project, I will call you to support you or send you information you need for big projects.
          Would you consider sharing this information on the Wiki? It would be interesting to hear about what needs to be taken care of for larger projects...

Big thanks!

Best regards,
          Fredrik
          Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Is there a roadmap when an admin interface for ox6 will be available?

More detailed, I am asking for an admin interface as you have it in the community version, which includes administration of the mail/imap server for generating mailboxes, home directories, setting quotas and so on.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

End of October we release a product which is based on Open-Xchange 6 server edition and includes mailbackend and admin frontend.

Best regards,

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
                End of October we release a product which is based on Open-Xchange 6 server edition and includes mailbackend and admin frontend.

Best regards,

Daniel
                Hi,

is this product available now?

Best regards
                laphroaig

Comment

Wollte auch mal fragen, wie da Stand der Dinge ist

Comment

Hi,

this Product is available now: http://www.open-xchange.com/en/produ...nce-edition-en

The administration backend and the appliance itself is based on Univention, please find more Information here: http://www.univention.de/

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

das ist ja die Appliance Edition. Ist eine Weboberfläche auch für die Community Edition geplant?

Comment

Hallo,

wie schon erwähnt nutzt das Product "Appliance Edition" das Administrationsfrontend von Univention. Es gibt in der aktuellen Version 6.6 keine Admin GUI mehr, weder für den kommerziellen noch für den freien Gebrauch.

Comment

Hi

AdminGUI zum Anlegen, Ändern und Löschen von Benutzern kann ich anbieten:

Lg Mani

Comment

Ja genau, den Link hatte ich auch noch gesucht!
                            Features wie Gruppen/Resourcen verwalten sind in der aktuellen Version über Plugins für die User-GUI erreichbar, einfach im Konfigurationsbaum unter "Administration" nachsehen.

Gruß

Comment

Working...
                            X