X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable configuration for users

Hi,

Easy question:
    Is it possible to disable the Button "Configuration" for all users?

Thank you!
    hubsif.

You could always remove the code from the page templates ... that's what I did on a customer installation that wasn't supposed to have the "change password" button ... (of course, anybody who knows the URL could still use it, but I reckon 99+% of the users won't ...)

Comment

That means that it is not possible to disable this button by a configuration parameter?

Comment

Correct, the configuration only contains settings that affect the user, not other users. To understand this request a bit better, what do you try to accomplish by removing access to the configuration part?

Greetings

Comment

Our customer wants to disable this part to minimize support requests. He thinks the user could forget about the settings he made, wonder why something does not work and open a request.

The one thing the customer originally wanted, was to disable the user from changing his name.

Comment

Hi,

well it may be speculation but isn't it possible that customers will open enormous amounts of support requests about missing functionality? I mean the configuration menu contains much stuff users want to customize.
            The functionality to let the user change his or her name can be easily disabled separately, so there is no need to wipe out the whole configuration tree. Just edit:

/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
            USERNAME_CHANGEABLE=false

After restarting the open-xchange-admin service and creating a new context, users of this new context won't be able to change their user names.

To remove the ability to let the user change his or her password, just configure the --access-edit-password parameter to "off" when creating or changing a user.

Greetings
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 06-02-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I just had a look at "User.properties". "USERNAME_CHANGEABLE" is set to "false" and always was, since I never changed that parameter.

Maybe we're talking about something different: In our setup a user can edit his "Display name" in Configuration->User->Personal Data.

Comment

Changing the user data can be configured at:

/opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/foldercache.properties
                ENABLE_INTERNAL_USER_EDIT=FALSE

This also becomes effective for newly created contexts.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                  Changing the user data can be configured at:

ENABLE_INTERNAL_USER_EDIT=FALSE

This also becomes effective for newly created contexts.

Greetings
                  Q1) Looks like within my installation

is not available (no file by that name).

Has it been relocated, or do I need to create that file ?

I also figured out that a standard user is able to modify distribution lists, e.g. as well as he´s able to change all of his personal data.

Q2) Supposingly the above settings should prevent him from changing anything, but is there any way to adapt permissions any more granular than that ?

Q3) Is there any overview which permisssions can be granted / denied to each user as from the GUI ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoT View Post
                    Q1) Looks like within my installation

is not available (no file by that name).

Has it been relocated, or do I need to create that file ?

I also figured out that a standard user is able to modify distribution lists, e.g. as well as he´s able to change all of his personal data.

Q2) Supposingly the above settings should prevent him from changing anything, but is there any way to adapt permissions any more granular than that ?

Q3) Is there any overview which permisssions can be granted / denied to each user as from the GUI ?
                    has been relocated:

Code:
                    $ find /opt/open-xchange/ -name foldercache.properties
                    /opt/open-xchange/etc/common/foldercache.properties
                    Of course a user can create his own, private distribution lists. That cannot be disbled.

Code:
                    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser --extendedoptions | grep -- --access
                        --access-combination-name <access-combination-name>  Access combination name
                        --access-calendar <on/off>                     Calendar module (Default is off)
                        --access-contacts <on/off>                     Contact module access (Default is on)
                        --access-delegate-tasks <on/off>               Delegate tasks access (Default is off)
                        --access-edit-public-folder <on/off>           Edit public folder access (Default is off)
                        --access-forum <on/off>                        Forum module access (Default is off)
                        --access-ical <on/off>                         Ical module access (Default is off)
                        --access-infostore <on/off>                    Infostore module access (Default is off)
                        --access-pinboard-write <on/off>               Pinboard write access (Default is off)
                        --access-projects <on/off>                     Project module access (Default is off)
                        --access-read-create-shared-Folders <on/off>   Read create shared folder access (Default is off)
                        --access-rss-bookmarks <on/off>                RSS bookmarks access (Default is off)
                        --access-rss-portal <on/off>                   RSS portal access (Default is off)
                        --access-syncml <on/off>                       Syncml access (Default is off)
                        --access-tasks <on/off>                        Tasks access (Default is off)
                        --access-vcard <on/off>                        Vcard access (Default is off)
                        --access-webdav <on/off>                       Webdav access (Default is off)
                        --access-webdav-xml <on/off>                   Webdav-Xml access (Default is off)
                        --access-webmail <on/off>                      Webmail access (Default is on)
                        --access-edit-group <on/off>                   Edit Group access (Default is off)
                        --access-edit-resource <on/off>                Edit Resource access (Default is off)
                        --access-edit-password <on/off>                Edit Password access (Default is off)
                        --access-collect-email-addresses <on/off>      Collect Email Addresses access (Default is off)
                        --access-multiple-mail-accounts <on/off>       Multiple Mail Accounts access (Default is off)
                        --access-subscription <on/off>                 Subscription access (Default is off)
                        --access-publication <on/off>                  Publication access (Default is off)
                        --access-active-sync <on/off>                  Exchange Active Sync access (Default is off)
                        --access-usm <on/off>                          Universal Sync access (Default is off)
                        --access-global-address-book <on/off>          Global Address Book access (Default is off)
                        --access-public-folder-editable <on/off>       Whether public folder(s) is/are editable (Default is off). Applies only to context admin user.
                    Here you find an overview of available docs:

Comment

Working...
                    X