Apache mod_jk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache mod_jk

I have download almost everything to install openxchange but the mod_jk still a problem. The binaries on the apache page : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ are not available. And if I download a version of another site, I have dependency problems.

How can I do ?

Take this link

Does your distribution not provide a mod_jk *wondering*
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-02-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by portal_man View Post
      I have download almost everything to install openxchange but the mod_jk still a problem. The binaries on the apache page : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ are not available. And if I download a version of another site, I have dependency problems.

How can I do ?
      try the solaris one:

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        The directories are also empty.

When I enter "mod" in YaSt it don't give me anything like mod_jk, sorry.

I've a Suse distribution.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Pahne View Post
          The files have no extension type. What I have to do with them ?

If I execute mod_jk.so-1.2.20-httpd-2.2.4 my bash tells me "cannot execute binary file"

Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

mod_jk is a binary module (.so) for the apache webserver, you have to load it via your apache configuration. You have to browse the ftp for a appropriate mod_jk for your apache. I am pretty sure that SuSE provides a mod_jk, too.
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-02-2007, 06:21 PM.

Comment

* Which SuSE distribution and software versions you use? Please poste detailled feedback! There is more than one SuSE around
              * Install mod_jk via your favorite package managment tool, integrate it into Apache if package managment tool doesn't do this.
              * Post the relevant logs if any errors occur

Reread Step III.4 before you start:

Daniel

Comment

jakarta-tomcat-connectors

The package inside a SuSE distribution for mod_jk is called

Code:
                Regards

Comment

Uhm, did they use the randomname.sh for their package names?

Comment

Funny names

No, its not a funny name. Tomcat is a jakarta project and therefore its package is called "jakarta-tomcat". Additionally you can use a connector (mod_jk) between apache and tomcat. And this connector is called jakarta-tomcat-connector because the only web container with an AJP connector provided by a SuSE distro is tomcat.

And on the tomcat website mod_jk is called "tomcat connectors", too.

Comment

I installed it by synaptic paketmanagement and ubuntu installed 1.2.18
                      I downloaded the newest version 1.2.21 but how can i install the .so-File?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Klein View Post
                        The package inside a SuSE distribution for mod_jk is called

Code:
                        Regards
                        Thanks a lot!

The install works but, when I try to start apach2 I got "can't find the workers file specified". Google seems to point out a mod_jk problem but don't resole it.

What can I do ?
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

The install works but, when I try to start apach2 I got "can't find the workers file specified". Google seems to point out a mod_jk problem but don't resole it.

What can I do ?
                          you define the workers.properties. you set it in the ox.conf!

Comment

Perfect.

Just forgive me, I forget to read this part of the tutorial (all problems are resolve by it!).

- My worker properties was hidden here : /etc/tomcat/base/workers.properties
                            - The file I've edit was : /etc/apache2/conf.d/ox.conf (and not /etc/apache2/conf.d has the tutorial said - it's a folder)
                            - My worker list was worker.list=ajp12, ajp13
                            - I edit java home as workers.java_home=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0

I launched Apach and I get "Access forbidden! You don't have permission to access the requested directory". In the past few days I've install the commercial version of openXchange. When I removed it, I think it have also removed the index.html in /srv/www/htdocs.
                            When I had it again in this directory, it worked again!

All the pre-install is done. I try to install openXchange community now.

Thanks a lot!
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Perfect.

- My worker properties was hidden here : /etc/tomcat/base/workers.properties
                              - The file I've edit was : /etc/apache2/conf.d/ox.conf (and not /etc/apache2/conf.d has the tutorial said - it's a folder)
                              - My worker list was worker.list=ajp12, ajp13
                              - I edit java home as workers.java_home=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0

I launched Apach and I get "Access forbidden! You don't have permission to access the requested directory". In the past few days I've install the commercial version of openXchange. When I removed it, I think it have also removed the index.html in /srv/www/htdocs.
                              When I had it again in this directory, it worked again!

All the pre-install is done. I try to install openXchange community now.

Thanks a lot!
                              you can't use tomcat with the new open-xchange server! shut it down. make sure apache runs and then try to open http://yourserver/ajax/

then tell me what error you get.

ps: the tutorial said that /etc/apache/conf.d is a directory. read it carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X