Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wired linking

Hi Folks,

I have some trouble with the linking functionality of OX. What we want to do is to create some task and link inforstore files to this task. Some users will edit this infostore files by WebDAV.

1. If I create a link from an document to a task, it seams that only the user who did the linking could see the link. Is this right? This makes no sense for me because if everybody does his private linking I could not make sure that everybody is working on the same document....
    2. If I have a link between an task an a document and select it(click on it, because linking menu entry 'switch to' is disabled) to easy access the document, there is just a popup to edit the documents settings (tags, title...) but no possibility to just open the document !? So what is linking for if I could not easy jump to a document?

So, the question is if this depends on some configuration issues...
    Would be nice to get some response about this linking. I could not realy find usefull informations about on the wiki.

Greets,
    Derryl

Originally posted by derryl View Post
    1. If I create a link from an document to a task, it seams that only the user who did the linking could see the link. Is this right? This makes no sense for me because if everybody does his private linking I could not make sure that everybody is working on the same document....
    2. If I have a link between an task an a document and select it(click on it, because linking menu entry 'switch to' is disabled) to easy access the document, there is just a popup to edit the documents settings (tags, title...) but no possibility to just open the document !? So what is linking for if I could not easy jump to a document?
    1. Actually that is not right. If so, it is a bug. I have not seen that myself. Maybe the second user does not have access to the linked object?

2. Select document in list view. Change to detail view, go to links, select the linked item and click on "go to" in the linking section in the panel. Works the same way starting with a task.

René

Comment

Hi René!

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
      1. Actually that is not right. If so, it is a bug. I have not seen that myself. Maybe the second user does not have access to the linked object?
      Could this depend if the task is on a public folder? Isn't it the same to make a private task and add rights for all other users?

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
      2. Select document in list view. Change to detail view, go to links, select the linked item and click on "go to" in the linking section in the panel. Works the same way starting with a task.
      That's what I tried, but 'go to' is grayed...

Comment

Originally posted by derryl View Post
        Could this depend if the task is on a public folder? Isn't it the same to make a private task and add rights for all other users?

That's what I tried, but 'go to' is grayed...
        I am confused too. Maybe this is related to the fact that the CVS is a version heavily under development. So, yes, there can be bugs. To test this you can either go back to an earlier version to see if it works (initial community release should be stable or just wait a week or two to see if this is working again. What you are describng here is very strange.

Maybe a developer knows more!? Or someone with a current CVS version!?

René

Comment

That was a bug in the infostore module. If you check out tomorrow this should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Great stuff! I am looking forward to this... :-)
            (btw. I found another issue, on adding members to a team. I tried, but the member selection window apears grayed/team edit window stay modal. Will this also be fixed?).

greets,
            Derryl

Comment

To get sure those bugs are fixed, please use the Bugzilla BTS

Here are some information what your bug report should contain http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ing_guidelines

Comment

Working...
              X