difference licensing model HE/SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference licensing model HE/SE

Where do I find more information on the licensing model and the difference between the Server Edition and the Hosting Edition ??

They are both the same but the licensing model is different, I am told. I just don't find the differences.

Looking for specific information regarding Open-Xchange in SaaS-environment...

Thanks.

Hi again

well the license itself is the same, but the contracts are different. A Server Edition deployment usually contains per-user licensing with full groupware features like Outlook, Mac or Mobility OXtenders since it's typically used in-house and users are employees.
    At the hosting sector, there are different ways to approach the market. For example flat-fee models for a Webmail-only or PIM solutions and revenue share models for users that chose to buy the full feature set including OXtenders. That way it's quite cheap to get basic software features out to the customer and providing first-class webmail for free - and make money by upsell for both parties.
    Like for the Server Edition, there are variate of support and maintenance offerings for Hosting Edition installations.

If you'd like to get more, customized details i'd like to encourage you to contact our sales team.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 12-12-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply !

It is Daniel from the sales team that told me about the difference in licensing, but it is very quiet now on the other side...

As you noticed on the Community-forum I have tested the OX-product and would like to resell it. Not just implement it in companies (server edition thus) but also offer it as SaaS in a multi-tenant environment.

So I will have to get the hand on creating several admins and several contexts in a multi-tenant environment...

I can not resell the community edition so therefore I'm looking for pricing models.

I got the price for a user per month for full groupware with connectors for Outlook and MAC OSX (and business mobility).

Is the installation / configuration any different from the community edition ?? Is there an initial fee I need to pay to become reseller or is it just my choice between support from OX.com or not ?!

Comment

Hi,

the installation and configuration is the same like the server edition or community edition. Since there are some addon products available the administration is not exactly the same.
        I'd like to encourage you to contact Daniel again to answer those kind of questions like an initial fee or upfront investments.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
          I'd like to encourage you to contact Daniel again to answer those kind of questions like an initial fee or upfront investments.
          Hi Martin,

I am not getting any answer when I mail Daniel directly or when I fill in a new form on the website... Is this normal ??

Comment

Working...
          X