Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation 3ware Raid Controller web interface

Hi,

Maybe somebody has some experience. I have installed my system on a 3ware Raid controller and would like to install the 3dm2 Raid Controller Web interface.

Does somebody has allready done this? Is it Ok to install it, or will it cause trouble to OX?

The interface will be located on https://OXSERVER:888

Please tell me what you think,

wbrgds

Lukasz
    company | private

hi...is there any info out there? i just would love to install the software, as it would easen my life.....
    and...it is really urgent!

as far as i know the new Open-Xchange Desktop Server uses also the 3ware raid controller.
    is the cli and 3dm2 software also installed?

If you have any info, please post, i have kind of trouble here and i would really need to install the 3dm2 webinterface.

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by lukasz; 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM.
    company | private

Comment

Hi lukasz,

this question is about the underlying operating system which is part of the whole package. I've forwarded your request to the operating system supplier (Univention). They should respond to this thread very soon. The Hardware Appliance comes with a 3ware controller and it works properly. If i remember correctly, there where license issues since the module is not completely OSS.

Greetings
      Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you...i was just a bit nervous, as a disk failed (ok, I know, i have some hot spare etc blabla)...but however...now i have some more Hotspare

The thing is, that I do have the tw_cli installed, and this is quite fine, but it is terrible to maintain the array through it...it is way more comfortable with the webinterface.

I installed the 3dm2 software allready on my VMWARE machine, where it does not show any controller, as there are none.

But until now, OX and Univention Admin console are working perfect and there is nothing wron (as far as I can see).

The thing is, that the installation Process install some JAVA, and I am not sure what it is and/or what it is for (i think it is for the grafhical installation in X)

So I will not install it on my running system, until I know - until I am sure - that it will not cause any problems.

-Do you install it on your ready made boxes by default, I mean the admin interface?

-If yes, do you know of any potential side effects, as the software will use port 888?

I am curious what Univention will say, as I posted the same question there too

Martin, thank you for the reply and your help...i was just a bit nervous!

wbrgds

Lukasz
        company | private

Comment

Hi Lukasz!

Originally posted by lukasz View Post
          Maybe somebody has some experience. I have installed my system on a 3ware Raid controller and would like to install the 3dm2 Raid Controller Web interface.

Does somebody has allready done this? Is it Ok to install it, or will it cause trouble to OX?

The interface will be located on https://OXSERVER:888
          3dm2 Raid Controller Web interface is currently not tested on OX/UCS. So we have no experience in installing this software. 3dm2 seems to install its own webserver so at first glance it may work but we did only very short research on the web. In worst case important files will be overwritten.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you.

So I will stick to the tw_cli software!

Would be great if you could let us know about any updates to this issue!

Thank you

wbrgds

Lukasz
            Last edited by lukasz; 02-25-2010, 09:47 PM.
            company | private

Comment

Working...
            X