SMTP config [postfix]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP config [postfix]

I wouder if the developers would shed some light on the config of smtp server [postfix], since all the information about the users/domains are stored in a database.

I googeld around and there is much information on howto setup postfix and sql, Im really unsure form witch tables to read from and what field. Im think about transfermaps,recipientmaps, virtualmaps, makeing aliases, check for if the user exsits and so on.

Some guidance in the right direction would be appriciated

Tronn

Originally posted by tronn View Post
    I wouder if the developers would shed some light on the config of smtp server [postfix], since all the information about the users/domains are stored in a database.

I googeld around and there is much information on howto setup postfix and sql, Im really unsure form witch tables to read from and what field. Im think about transfermaps,recipientmaps, virtualmaps, makeing aliases, check for if the user exsits and so on.

Some guidance in the right direction would be appriciated

Tronn
    Stay tuned.
    As soon as we have a final setup, we'll make it public.

Comment

postfix config for ox

Originally posted by Carsten Hoeger View Post
      Stay tuned.
      As soon as we have a final setup, we'll make it public.
      I hope the final setup will public on our forum as soon as . I have setup the
      ox server according with the installation guide, but I can not config postfix for the ox server . Thanks for all open-xchange hard work!

Comment

What about the postfix configuration?

Do you use the mysql tables for the setup or just plain text files?

For the virtual appliances you can activate relay for 127.0.0.1 of course for an easy setup and add a line to /etc/hosts for
        Code:

127.0.0.1 example.com
        I'll integrate it in my VM as well at the weekend.

Comment

reply postfix-mysql config for ox

Originally posted by neo View Post
          What about the postfix configuration?

Do you use the mysql tables for the setup or just plain text files?

For the virtual appliances you can activate relay for 127.0.0.1 of course for an easy setup and add a line to /etc/hosts for
          Code:

127.0.0.1 example.com
          I'll integrate it in my VM as well at the weekend.
          I hope use the mysql tables such as aliases query and account authentication etc. I mean I hope the ox work environment like following:
          posfix+mysql+cyrusimapd+open-xchange

all users information is store in mysql database. when postfix need authentiate the account or need the alias_map data, it will get from mysql.

Could you do me a favour? Public the postfix(mysql) config manual, such as the main.cf , master.cf and the authencate way. Maybe many open-xchange experience user are not professional expert in mailserver and linux.
          More detail more good, Such as what field need be define and what table need be create for the ox. Thanks!

Comment

why not active reply in this forum?

why not active reply in this forum? The open-xchange developers and workers and open-xchange experience users are not active and aspiration in this forum? ???????????

Comment

Working...
            X