Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Participation status (without 'ATTENDEE'): OX web interface VS icals import & caldav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Participation status (without 'ATTENDEE'): OX web interface VS icals import & caldav

Hi!

While trying to import a bunch of events though caldav, I realized that the 'status' (tentative/confirmed/cancelled) of events seemed to be ignored.
    Taking a closer look, there are two ways of expressing the status in iCal:Can you confirm that the 'STATUS' property in iCal is not supported by OX?

I understand that a "STATUS" on a personal event without an external organizer is less important than "PARTSTAT", but I somehow have quite a bunch of them...
    (I think that some automation in my client or server is adding received icals as "tentative" automatically, or something similar).

It's in fact quite simple to see the effect via the web-UI (and also caldav):
    • Create a new event with nothing but a title & a time
    • Click on the event, select "Change Status" and then set it for example to "Tentative"
    • Export the event, either by the "export" button on the event or via caldav
      • The event is quite simple (see example attached), no reference to any "tentative" status
    • Delete the event from the calendar
    • Re-insert the event, either by caldav or via the 'import' functionality of the web-ui: the newly imported event is now in "Accept" status, which seems to be the default

Let me know if you consider the current situation a bug or if you simply accept to not support this.

I must say, I'm a bit lost in which part of the code does this type of handling, so I have not been able to debug it further :/
    If you have any pointer, I could try to implement it myself (would first need to set my own development & build system I guess...).

Cheers,
    Vincent
    Attached Files
Working...
X