Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing (or extraneous?) language packages

Hi,

While reviewing the installed language packages, I realized that some packages are broken because some package they require is missing
    Code:
    # yum install open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-bg-bg
    Loaded plugins: changelog, kernel-module, ovl, priorities, tsflags, versionlock
    359 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-bg-bg.noarch 0:7.10.5-7.0_7.1 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: open-xchange-l10n-bg-bg for package: open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-bg-bg-7.10.5-7.0_7.1.noarch
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Beginning Kernel Module Plugin
    Finished Kernel Module Plugin
    Error: Package: open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-bg-bg-7.10.5-7.0_7.1.noarch (ox-appsuiteui)
    Requires: open-xchange-l10n-bg-bg
    # yum install open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-mn-mn
    Loaded plugins: changelog, kernel-module, ovl, priorities, tsflags, versionlock
    359 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-mn-mn.noarch 0:7.10.5-7.0_7.1 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: open-xchange-l10n-mn-mn for package: open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-mn-mn-7.10.5-7.0_7.1.noarch
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Beginning Kernel Module Plugin
    Finished Kernel Module Plugin
    Error: Package: open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-mn-mn-7.10.5-7.0_7.1.noarch (ox-appsuiteui)
    Requires: open-xchange-l10n-mn-mn
    This is on a system using https://software.open-xchange.com/pr...suiteui/RHEL7/ and https://software.open-xchange.com/pr...backend/RHEL7/.

Looking at the code, I see that:
    • these packages are defined in the frontend repo: [1] [2]
    • the required packages are not defined in the middleware repo: [3]
    • the files required for these packages exist in [4], but seems not to be updated as often as some other files
    I see that in the past, there was some community translation setup, but that disappeared. I guess that this is a remnant of that period.
    I think that it would be cleaner to either:
    • not build the packages for the frontend; OR
    • build the packages for the backend
    Unfortunately, I don't have a build environment set up (looking into it, but missing pieces so far), but:
    • I've attached a patch that should add the "missing" packages for the backend (to be tested)
    • I can't write a patch to remove the packages from the frontend, as I don't understand what generates open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-bg-bg.properties & open-xchange-appsuite-l10n-mn-mn.properties. If these are generated and missing from the spec file, I think the build would fail (due to non packaged files). I could add a rm for these files in the setup/build/install phases, but that sounds like a terrible hack
    Cheers,
    Vincent
    Attached Files
Working...
X