Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share Folder

Perimetrix Guest

Default Share Folder

Hello!

In User A I create Share to personal folder Calendar and Task for everybody.
    Can I use this folder not with help Web.

And please tell me how create Public IMAP folder, which each of users can be look in Client by IMAP protocol (Lightning, KMail and other)

Thanks.

Gertjan Guest

Hello,

You can add a public folder with cyradmin and subscribe to it in Thundebird/Kmail /OX.

Perimetrix Guest

You can add a public folder with cyradmin and subscribe to it in Thundebird/Kmail /OX.
    When I create the Public Folder in cyradmin, I don't see it in Clinet programm, I see only personal folder.
    What I have to do to see Public Folder when subscribe on it.

Gertjan Guest

How do you create users and how do u create shared folders in cyrus?

What you have to do, is:
    Code:
    cyradm --user oxadmin <servername>
    <password>
    Create the shared mailbox. I will called it 'together' here
    Code:
    cm together
    Now, give the right users the right rights for this new mailbox:
    Code:
    sam together anyone lrswipcd
    The lrswipcd part can change, it will depend on the rights you want to give the users. Use a specific username instead of anyone if you want to give only a few users certain rights.
    Code:
    quit
    Now you can subscribe to it, at least in OX and Thunderbird, but I presume in every IMAP client.

Perimetrix Guest

I'm sorry. I cretae Public folder with help OX-Admin GUI, but not with help cyradmin. I'll try it now.

Thanks.

Perimetrix Guest

Create the shared mailbox. I will called it 'together' here
    This will be simple Mailbox Folder? But if i want to Share Calendar, I have to do the same? or for Calendar I have to do another folder?

Gertjan Guest

If you want to create a shared calendar, you can do that as a normal user in "Public folder". (Right click, add new folder, select type and name)

Perimetrix Guest

Ok. What address I have to use in Thunderbird, If i want to add new Calendar

Gertjan Guest

You need Funambol for that. It's in the 0.2.3.1 installer for OpenSUSE 10.3 and for other distro's you can find it in the wiki how to do that. (The address you have to use as well)

Perimetrix Guest

If you want to create a shared calendar, you can do that as a normal user in "Public folder". (Right click, add new folder, select type and name)
    When I do it so, I cann't see it folder in mail Client, I see this folder only in Web. Which address I have to use, if i want to use it in Lightning