Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
    philled Guest

Default Multiple email addresses for a single user

I am looking at moving to Open-Xchange. My current setup is postfix, dovecot, fetchmail, procmail + dovecot delliver. We use Outlook Express or Thunderbird for our email client. I'm trialing moving from this to Open-Xchange and have it up and running.

We have many email addresses and I can't work out how to set up a user account in OX which can pick from a list of email addresses when composing an email. Is this possible? I see that the "From" address in the compose email window is a drop-down list but I can't see where to add other email addresses to populate that list.

Regards,
    Phill

Hi Phil,

this is possible with the --aliases switch at the change/createuser command. All comma separated E-Mail addresses will be available as sender address. Please note that this may heavily depend on your E-Mail backend, OX just tries to send an E-Mail with the specified sender, there is no guarantee that the SMTP server will accept it.

Greetings

philled Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    this is possible with the --aliases switch at the change/createuser command. All comma separated E-Mail addresses will be available as sender address.
    Thanks Martin, this worked a treat! For the record I deleted the account I'd created and recreated it as follows:

Code:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A AdminUsernameGoesHere \
     -P AdminPasswordGoesHere -u myuser -d "My User" -g My -s User \
    -p myuserpassword -e myuser@domain1.com.au \
    --aliases \
    myuser@domain1.com.au,myuser@otherdomain.com.au,myuser@yetanotherone.com \
     --imaplogin myuser --imapserver 127.0.0.1 --smtpserver 127.0.0.1

Hi,

just to mention, you don't need to remove accounts to modify them, just use changeuser and modify the attributes you want to add or remove.

Greetings