Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo

View Poll Results: What do you think about this feature?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Can't wait to get it, would be a huge step forward (Very positive)

11 52.38%
  • Good idea (Positive)

3 14.29%
  • Nice to have, but there are more urgent topics (Neutral)

1 4.76%
  • Does not make sense to me (Negative)

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Messaging: Twitter, Facebook, RSS integration

Hi all,

following our "Social OX" concept, we're focusing on messaging now. Subscribing to social networks like LinkedIn, importing your Facebook friends as contacts or integrating your Google Mail account is a good start. The next level are interactive services like Twitter or Facebook. We're working on some functionality:

* Read, write, retweet messages using Twitter
    * Read and update your Facebook Wall
    * Subscribing to RSS feeds

This content is managed through a usual folder within OX. In future iterations, we'll be able to aggregate different messaging types within a single folder. What do you think about such features? I'm gonna post some screenshots of the current prototype later.

This feature has been released with OX 6.16 as a preview implementation.

trash Guest

I just installed Open-Xchange 6.16 on Debian Lenny, but Facebook features doesn't seem to work. I get the following error message:
    Code:
    Communication error with facebook service: Invalid API key (FACEBOOK-0006, -760965612-433)

Hi,

facebook requires an API key that identifies the application. since the current implementation is a preview, we do not ship a generic key. you can get one for free within seconds here: http://developers.facebook.com/get_started.php

Then enter the key and the private key to facebookmessaging.properties

Hope that helps

trash Guest

Thank you, I created a Facebook application and used the API key and secret. But now I get the following error message:
    Code:
    Login to facebook failed for login my-e-mail-address. (FACEBOOK-0005, 1796652684-25)
    I'm sure my Facebook login and password are OK.

Well, the login fails if its triggered too often, at least that's my impression. You could try again after some minutes.

trash Guest

I tried again after some hours, it doesn't work...

Could you post a stacktrace (log entry) when this error occurs? Thanks!

trash Guest

Open-Xchange try to authenticate twice:
    Code:
    17 mars 2010 12:26:16 com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MessagingRootFolderWriter call
    GRAVE: FACEBOOK-0005 Category=8 Message=Login to facebook failed for login my-e-mail-address. exceptionID=1796652684-479
    FACEBOOK-0005 Category=8 Message=Login to facebook failed for login my-e-mail-address. exceptionID=1796652684-479
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.exception.FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.createException(FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.java:86)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.exception.FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.createException(FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.java:63)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:139)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:143)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:155)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingExceptionCodes.create(FacebookMessagingExceptionCodes.java:150)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.loginViaWebPage(FacebookSession.java:539)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.login(FacebookSession.java:446)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.connect(FacebookSession.java:341)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingResource.connect(FacebookMessagingResource.java:120)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingAccountAccess.getRootFolder(FacebookMessagingAccountAccess.java:152)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MessagingRootFolderWriter.call(Folder.java:2574)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:737)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:763)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    17 mars 2010 12:26:18 com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MessagingRootFolderWriter call
    GRAVE: FACEBOOK-0005 Category=8 Message=Login to facebook failed for login my-e-mail-address. exceptionID=1796652684-480
    FACEBOOK-0005 Category=8 Message=Login to facebook failed for login my-e-mail-address. exceptionID=1796652684-480
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.exception.FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.createException(FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.java:86)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.exception.FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.createException(FacebookMessagingExceptionFactory.java:63)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:139)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:143)
            at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:155)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingExceptionCodes.create(FacebookMessagingExceptionCodes.java:150)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.loginViaWebPage(FacebookSession.java:539)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.login(FacebookSession.java:446)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.session.FacebookSession.connect(FacebookSession.java:341)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingResource.connect(FacebookMessagingResource.java:120)
            at com.openexchange.messaging.facebook.FacebookMessagingAccountAccess.getRootFolder(FacebookMessagingAccountAccess.java:152)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MessagingRootFolderWriter.call(Folder.java:2574)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:737)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:763)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Have to say +1 to this; just upgraded to 6.16.0 rev 4 today, Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. Same problem, same symptoms, same error message.