Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Neikius Guest

    Default Calendar invites

    So, I am having a couple of problems with calendar invites:

    * when does OX send the "link" invite and when the actual calendar entry as an attachment? It should send the attachment to every external user, but it only sends calendar entry for collected external users (red icon on contacts list). Users added by "add external" don't get anything.

    edit: Ok, I could be wrong. I think it sends calendar entry only to the invited external participants at event creation time. And those who are later added by editing don't get the calendar attachment in their notification (they don't get invited actually, just notified of the event change).

    Also, just on the sidenote, accepting event in google mail does nothing? I guess gmail doesn't send a "confirmation mail" since my smpt got nothing back. It seems outlook sends the invites fine and I even get the response. But when I press "update event" button in the response mail OX reports that update is successful but nothing happens.

    * also the link in OX calendar event invitation for internal users is wrong, the infostore links are ok, but calendar link is wrong, how can I fix it? The link itself is HOST.DOMAIN instead of HOST.DOMAIN.TLD or even better with https (even just HOST would work, but HOST.DOMAIN does not resolve in our network...)

    Thanks for any help regarding this.
    Last edited by Neikius; 01-07-2011 at 11:52 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neikius View Post
    edit: Ok, I could be wrong. I think it sends calendar entry only to the invited external participants at event creation time. And those who are later added by editing don't get the calendar attachment in their notification (they don't get invited actually, just notified of the event change).
    Yep, this feature has been added with 6.18.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Neikius View Post
    Also, just on the sidenote, accepting event in google mail does nothing? I guess gmail doesn't send a "confirmation mail" since my smpt got nothing back. It seems outlook sends the invites fine and I even get the response. But when I press "update event" button in the response mail OX reports that update is successful but nothing happens.
    That depend on if google sends a ical attachment for appointment update mails. Perhaps you can describe the workflow in detail (step by step) at a bug report so we can try to reproduce it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neikius View Post
    * also the link in OX calendar event invitation for internal users is wrong, the infostore links are ok, but calendar link is wrong, how can I fix it? The link itself is HOST.DOMAIN instead of HOST.DOMAIN.TLD or even better with https (even just HOST would work, but HOST.DOMAIN does not resolve in our network...)
    notification.properties at /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/

    Greetings

  3. #3
    Neikius Guest

    Default

    Yea, waiting for ubuntu to include .2 version...

    I think google does not send update mails at all. I checked SMTP after accepting and noting ever came from google... pretty bad.

    On the other hand the outlook (checked 2010) sends an confirmation, and OX even recognises that. BUT the confirmation does not get processed after clicking update event from the confirmation email. I get a green message that the event is updated and users get update notification, but the invite status does not change from "waiting".

    And I have managed to change invite link, thanks to you.

    Greets and thanks again for help and fast response.

    edit: Actually, my mail server was down due the nod daemon crashing, so that is why I had no replies... Anyways it seems gmail works ok. It even updates the appointment when you click update status. As for outlook I think it doesn't work as mentioned above.
    Last edited by Neikius; 01-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •