Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Mixed Language in App Suite

    Hi all,
    I set the language setting in AppSuite to German. I noticed that when I login to the App Suite Web Interface, that after a while of working with App Suite Web Interface "Posteingang" is changed to INBOX or "Kontakte" is changed to "Contacts". Even when I then work with Outlook 2013/Oxtender2 the Folder "Posteingang" in Outlook is also changed to "INBOX" . The behaviour is since I upgraded from 7.2.1 to the current App Suite Version . After logout and login to AppSuite, "INBOX" is changed back to "Posteingang", however after a while of working with Appsuite "Posteingang" is changed back to "INBOX". Really strange, I can't find any error messages in the loggfiles.
    Is this a known issue, can someone confirm this behaviour or give a solution?

    Thanks,
    Peter

    OX App Suite
    UI version: 7.2.2 Rev8
    Server version: 7.2.2-Rev9

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,695

    Default

    Hi Peter,

    we've got word about this kind of issue, too. However we've not been able to reproduce it yet. Could you please check a few things?

    1. What open-xchange-l10n-* packages are installed at the backend?
    2. Does this happen without running any clients in parallel other than the WebUI? (OXtender2, ActiveSync...)
    3. Does the name change back and forth within one user session multiple times or is it a one-time event?

    Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-29-2013 at 12:32 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Martin,
    thanks for quick reply, we have installed both, appsuite-gui and ox6-gui:
    1)
    open-xchange-gui-l10n 6.22.3-3
    open-xchange-gui-l10n-de-de 6.22.3-3
    open-xchange-gui-l10n-en-us 6.22.3-3
    2.) Indeed, it happens only when I use the AppSuite WebUI in parallel with Oxtender2 and/or EAS-Client (here: W8 Phone)
    3.) It changes back and forth in one user session

    Regards
    Peter

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,695

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback. We've been able to reproduce this one for "Inbox" in the meantime. Going to research/debug this.

  5. #5

    Default

    This bug seems to be partially fixed. Probably with bug #27767
    After deploying the patches from yesterday, the standard email folders in the AppSuite Webinterface are in the right language and the folders do not change their language anymore.

    However, after starting Outlook 2013/Oxtender2, all email standard folders are changed permanently to English language.
    Means e.g. "Posteingang" changed to "INBOX" or "Entwürfe" to "Drafts" ..

    Regards Peter


    Open-Xchange OXtender 2 AddIn for Microsoft Outlook
    Version 7.0.64.2861
    Copyright © 2009 - 2013 Open-Xchange AG

    VIPcom OX MAPI Provider
    Version 0.0.137.0
    Copyright © 2006 - 2013

    Open-Xchange Groupware Server
    Version 7.2.2-Rev13
    USM Version 7.2.2-8 Build 15295e44441e4b22f35b298c868552a2e631003f- 5499, USM JSON Version 7.2.2-8 Build 15295e44441e4b22f35b298c868552a2e631003f- 5499
    Copyright © 2006 - 2012 Open-Xchange AG

  6. #6

    Default

    In addition to my last post, the Outlook standard folder within "Meine Kontakte" and "Meine Kalender" are also in english (Contacts, Global Adress book or Calendar)
    As I said in the last post, the AppSuite WebSuite has no mixed languages anymore.
    Has it something to do with the parallel use of my Windows Phone8 and EAS. Although the smartphone is in german language, i figured out that the standard folders are in english, e.g. INBOX, Calendar ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dortmund, Germany
    Posts
    168

    Default

    That all folders are in English is a "side-effect" of this fix. This will be fixed with the next OX version 7.4.
    Markus Wagner
    Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

  8. #8

    Default

    Hi all,
    with the current version of ox i have to reopen this bug, its exactly the same behaviour I described above.
    Could this bug be confirmed.

    Thanks, Peter

    OXtender 2 for Microsoft Outlook
    Open-Xchange OXtender 2 AddIn for Microsoft Outlook
    Version 7.2.5.118
    Copyright © 2009 - 2013 Open-Xchange AG

    VIPcom OX MAPI Provider
    Version 0, 0, 153, 0
    Copyright © 2006 - 2013


    Open-Xchange Groupware Server
    Version 7.4.2-Rev6
    USM Version 7.4.2-7 Build d774419fadecda735ff7998bbf1504bd0eeffe9b- 6273, USM JSON Version 7.4.2-7 Build d774419fadecda735ff7998bbf1504bd0eeffe9b- 6273
    Copyright © 2006 - 2014 Open-Xchange AG

  9. #9

    Default

    I dont know why, maybe after restarting open-xchange - however, after a while the folders were turned back to the right language and it seems to be working fine now.

    regards
    peter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •