Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing folders and default permissions

Hello,

how can I configure the default permisions when a user share a folder (e.g. contact folder, infostore folder,...)? I'd like that the default permissions would be read-only instead of write (modify/delete). I would prefer that user must explicitly set write permissions on shared items.

Thanks,
    Gerard B.

Hi Gerard,

sadly there is no such thing as configurable default permissions or permission templates.

Greetings

Comment

Ok Martin.

I think this would be an important feature to implement. Maybe a configuration/properties file? In my oppinion it is worrying from a user perspective to share items with default write permissions. Many confused users could expose their data to be deleted/modified without having knowledge about it.

Greetings,
      Gerard.

Comment

Hi,

i understand the issue you have with this default behavior. However, its a very custom use-case. Other users might want to have read and write as default, those preferences might differ even on the same installation. I am not sure how to implement such a feature to make it useful for anyone. One big switch for a large installation seems not to be adequate to me. Anyway, i'll add this a feature request to our tracking tool.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
        X