• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Preuss
    replied
    Originally posted by oxer View Post
    What I really really miss:
    1) mark all selected mails as SEEN (my spam-box gets a lot of junk every day
    As in your fat client you can use shortcut keys and/or in combination with the left mouse button (<LMB>) to select mails in a different way.

For example:
    * <Ctrl> + <A> Select all messages in a folder
    * <Ctrl> + <LMB> to select a bunch of single mails
    * <LMB> ... <Shift> + <LMB> to select a bunch of mails
    * <DEL> to delete
    * <PgDown> <PgUp> <UP> <DOWN> to scroll in the list

2) gui-options for setting sent-folder (need my sent-mails!) - found it as an option able to set in imap.properties, but didn't further tried out
    True - it's on our ToDo-List

3) the handling to subscribe to mailboxes is inpractical (have a lot of folders, going in every-one to select propoerties costs a lot of time...)
    True - right now we think about a better solution

4) if scrolling down large mailboxes, the content isn't updated any more - no more header to be seen, but clickable ?!
    How often does this happen? I couldn't reproduce it but remember seen something similar once or twice. Looks like a bug then.

5) opening a new mail: many buttons doesn't work (e.g. address-button opens..., but "send" doesn't do anything at most )
    Strange, never had this before?!? Please use FireBug (just use google). A "must have" for debugging such problems. Any JavaScript errors?

6) mostly the browser (firefox 1.5.0.10) doesn't stop loading
    I use FF2 and can't reproduce this. Are there any reasons against updating to a new version of FF?

If you think you found a bug don't hesitate to post it in bugzilla.

I recommend to install the latest CVS version. AFTER you updated both, the server and the GUI you should ALWAYS clean your browser cache and do a fresh reload. Otherwise it can lead to very strange problems caused by a mix of new and old versions of the JS files. Most problems are gone after a cache cleanup ;-)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Last edited by Stefan Preuss; 05-24-2007, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oxer
    Guest replied
    Experiences trying out Hyperion

I'd upload a working xen-image for the community _if_ I can get it to work.
    I got it to work, but is it worth to upload as an image?
    Think it's better to post my config-steps installing Hyperion in an CentOS 5.

I tried to use email-modul instead of my fat-client (mulberry), other modules not checked.

What I really really miss:
    1) mark all selected mails as SEEN (my spam-box gets a lot of junk every day
    2) gui-options for setting sent-folder (need my sent-mails!) - found it as an option able to set in imap.properties, but didn't further tried out
    3) the handling to subscribe to mailboxes is inpractical (have a lot of folders, going in every-one to select propoerties costs a lot of time...)

Bugs (I think):
    4) if scrolling down large mailboxes, the content isn't updated any more - no more header to be seen, but clickable ?!
    5) opening a new mail: many buttons doesn't work (e.g. address-button opens..., but "send" doesn't do anything at most )
    6) mostly the browser (firefox 1.5.0.10) doesn't stop loading

THX for making it possible to test

My favorite point to try out Hyperion -instead of using OX 8.2- is my lack of unsterstanding / handling of openLDAP.
    OpenLDAP is a problem in a working vmware-instance: don't starts here, can't input new contacts there ..all _my_ problems meets openLDAP-problems (this one is a real big theme for itself)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rene Stach
    Guest replied
    Will there be modules available like in Hymalia (e.g. 'project')?
    We think there will be some modules like in Hymalia. The roadmap says we'll be working on it at the end of the year but we have not yet finalised what the modules will look like and if they are the same as in Hymalia, similar or even completely different.

René

Leave a comment:

• Martin Heiland
    replied
    When I check this, the cvs-download version says:
    > Open-Xchange Server
    > GUI-Build: 6106
    >Server-Build: 6.1.9-0

This means it IS Hyperion?
    Yes, it is. Open-Xchange 0.8.x is "Hymalia", which is called "Open-Xchange Server 5" in the commercial version.

This question has already been asked by somebody else, but as Rene is a Product Management Guy he may give you a precise information about this.

The open-exchange-admin daemon is "only" necessary for console-commands or is there a gui-based support?
    Well, the admin-daemon is necassary for everything "under the hood" which does not depend on Groupware logic. You will have to start it if you want a working system, the commandline tools are just a user-interface to the RMI Interface used by the admindaemon, like configuring.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-11-2007, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oxer
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
    The online demo shows the Open-Xchange Server 5. This is a completely different software.
    René
    Sorry, my mistake.

But about modules: the install-docu means:
    "Please note: This installation manual is about Open-Xchange Codename: Hyperion, not about Open-Xchange 0.8.x"

When I check this, the cvs-download version says:
    > Open-Xchange Server
    > GUI-Build: 6106
    >Server-Build: 6.1.9-0

This means it IS Hyperion?

Leave a comment:

• Rene Stach
    Guest replied
    Hyperion looks great!!! (especially on a local virtual machine ),
    but where are the modules: project,...?
    They are included in your online-demo, but my xen-based CentOS-version is completely without?
    The online demo shows the Open-Xchange Server 5. This is a completely different software.

I can't find any docu for admin-tasks, the open-exchange-admin daemon is "only" necessary for console-commands or is there a gui-based support?
    (I followed the install-steps from: http://wiki.open-xchange.com/wiki/in...e_Installation)
    Admin GUI is being worked on. Stay tuned.

René

Leave a comment:

• oxer
    Guest replied
    Missing modules: project, ...?

Hello,
    may be the false thread here, but didn' find the right one (they are _closed_?!)

Hyperion looks great!!! (especially on a local virtual machine ),
    but where are the modules: project,...?
    They are included in your online-demo, but my xen-based CentOS-version is completely without?

I can't find any docu for admin-tasks, the open-exchange-admin daemon is "only" necessary for console-commands or is there a gui-based support?
    (I followed the install-steps from: http://wiki.open-xchange.com/wiki/in...e_Installation)

Leave a comment:

• oxer
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Well, the message provided by mod_jk regarding tomcat is misleading and seems to be hardcoded as it is the "apache tomcat connector" but used to talk to OX Hyperion which provides a independend, selfmade servlet container. Mod_JK does not talk to apache. Apache talks to Hyperion using mod_jk.

First of all you should make sure that the Groupware service is running correct and that the AJP listener port is available, you may test this with a simple 'telnet localhost 8009'. If there is no response you should crawl the logfile for errors or network filtering rules that deny access to this port.

Also make sure your workers.properties file and conf.d/ox.conf holds the correct values. You can test the functionality of the whole apache-ajp-hyperion stuff by accessing a /servlet/ or /ajax/ path on the webserver like 'http://example.com/webdav/servlet.version' which should output the build number like 'WebDAV: 6106'.

And finaly you should make sure that no tomcat is running on the same system using a equal ajp configuration as the groupware.
    wow, WORKS -for the 1st-
    the problem was a not started groupware-service (rebooted system).
    Now there's a running system to test a little bit

this should be written down somewehere (my personal log)...

THX!

Leave a comment:

• Martin Heiland
    replied
    Well, the message provided by mod_jk regarding tomcat is misleading and seems to be hardcoded as it is the "apache tomcat connector" but used to talk to OX Hyperion which provides a independend, selfmade servlet container. Mod_JK does not talk to apache. Apache talks to Hyperion using mod_jk.

First of all you should make sure that the Groupware service is running correct and that the AJP listener port is available, you may test this with a simple 'telnet localhost 8009'. If there is no response you should crawl the logfile for errors or network filtering rules that deny access to this port.

Also make sure your workers.properties file and conf.d/ox.conf holds the correct values. You can test the functionality of the whole apache-ajp-hyperion stuff by accessing a /servlet/ or /ajax/ path on the webserver like 'http://example.com/webdav/servlet.version' which should output the build number like 'WebDAV: 6106'.

And finaly you should make sure that no tomcat is running on the same system using a equal ajp configuration as the groupware.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oxer
    Guest replied
    Hyperion on xen-based CentOS5?

Hello, I'm trying to install hyperion on a CentOS5.
    Because xen-based system is faster than vmware, I installed CentOS as an xen-instance (1st try: fully-virtualized).

Walked trough a lot of problems, solved the most (I think, tests seems to bo ok), having massive problems with configuration of mod_jk / apache - didn't find a sensefull hint in the forum.

I'd upload a working xen-image for the community _if_ I can get it to work.

The problem:
    Login results in "Error 503: Service temporarily unavailable"
    Watching the mod_jk-logs shows:
    "ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (ajp13) Connecting
    to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
    [Fri May 11 09:16:06 2007] ajp13 192.168.77.90 0.001033"

As I understand, there's tomcat no longer necessary, the mod_jk should talk to apache?
    Therefore there's no tomcat installed.
    Looks like a config-problem: apache / mod_jk, what's to check?

BTW: a working system may show me my mistakes, but I can't find one.
    Installation of ox5-demo on a vmware-SLES demo isn't as easy as it could be.
    "Complete" vmware-image (whatever distro you used) isn't available at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Halbe
    replied
    Due to various issues I will not provide an appliance at this time.

Please use the etch appliance for now.

Daniel

Leave a comment:

• Volker Hett
    Guest replied
    Any news on this appliance?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Halbe
    replied
    Originally posted by exrace View Post
    Any news on these?
    I had to prepare various things for german Cebit, will travel there tomorrow so the image will not be public before end of week.

Daniel

Leave a comment:

• exrace
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
    Nice,

I set up two torrent servers with 100 Mbps over the days - seeding should work much faster

My fullworking Ubuntu Images will be available this weekend.

Daniel
    Any news on these?

Leave a comment:

• Martin Heiland
    replied
    Thanks again, already seeding

Leave a comment:

Working...
X