Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMAP Problem is new Hyperion install....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP Problem is new Hyperion install....

I am having an imap/PAM issue on a new Ubuntu 6.0.6 install... here's the pam error from /var/log/auth.log:

Oct 30 17:15:34 mail2 saslauthd[7646]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: Permission denied
    Oct 30 17:15:34 mail2 saslauthd[7646]: do_auth : auth failure: [user=testuser] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

and from the /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0

SEVERE: MSG-1001 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server localhost. exceptionID=-273492505-15
    MSG-1001 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server localhost. exceptionID=-273492505-15
    at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handl eMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:348)
    at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPConnection.connectIntern al(IMAPConnection.java:271)
    at com.openexchange.mail.MailConnection.connect(MailC onnection.java:450)
    at com.openexchange.mail.MailInterfaceImpl.initConnec tion(MailInterfaceImpl.java:148)
    at com.openexchange.mail.MailInterfaceImpl.getMessage s(MailInterfaceImpl.java:338)
    at com.openexchange.mail.MailInterfaceImpl.getAllMess ages(MailInterfaceImpl.java:218)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.Mail.actionGetAllMails(Mail. java:512)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.Mail.actionGetAllMails(Mail. java:431)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.Mail.actionGet(Mail.java:284 )
    at com.openexchange.ajax.Mail.doGet(Mail.java:249)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServ let.java:399)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(Sessi onServlet.java:138)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.PermissionServlet.service(Pe rmissionServlet.java:86)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.respons e(AJPv13Request.java:92)
    at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:357)
    at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.crea teResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:168)
    at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:246)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
    at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPSt ore.java:474)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
    at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPConnection.connectIntern al(IMAPConnection.java:252)

Can someone Please let me know how to fix this so email folders show up in the groupware?

The supplied credentials for login are incorrect or PAM is not working correct at all.

Greetings

Comment

I have the same problem on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Server.

I've already tried a whole new installation of Ubuntu 7.10 Server... downloaded the installer and tried again.

Always the same problem.

When I'm logging in as testuser, I get this errormessage in OpenXchange:
      10-31-2007 11:06 AM-->Error code: Wrong or missing login data to access server localhost. (MSG-1001,1867635366-65)

sasldblistusers2 shows me nothing.

On the last installation I tried to give the testuser, oxadmin, root account and cyrus the rights in sasl/cyrus and so on.
      I've no idea how to fix this.

Cyrus is member of sasl, postfix member of mail...

Any idea?

--- Jaja ich weiß... besser Englisch lernen, klingt ja als ob ich einen IQ von 50 hätte

Comment

Hi all
        same problem in etch
        i connect imap in outlook
        testsaslauthd is ok

Dryphon

Comment

Hello,

I still run into the same problem. I checked a lot of things licke testsaslauthd, imtest and access via Squirrelmail. All of them are working fine. When I try to access via OX6 I get the failure:

Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - SELECT user.userPassword FROM login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid WHERE login2user.uid = 'xxxxx' AND (user.cid=1)
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_check_passwd() returning 6.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_sql_log() called.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_sql_log() returning 0.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_sm_authenticate() returning 7.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: Permission denied
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_release_ctx() called.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_destroy_ctx() called.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: pam_mysql - pam_mysql_close_db() called.
          Oct 31 11:47:36 shssys saslauthd[29852]: do_auth : auth failure: [user=xxxxx] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

In my opinion the "pam_mysql - pam_sm_authenticate() returning 7." is the critcal part. This ist different when accessing via the other ways like imtest.

Does anyone have an idea what OX6 makes in an other way?

Kind regards
          Michael

Comment

confirmed, a developer accidentally checked in a predefined password for the imap login:

open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPConnection.java:
            tmpPass = "oxtest40";

This will be fixed and synchronized to CVS tonight.

Comment

Cool. Thank you.

Michael

Comment

If we already have it installed, is there a file I can edit or what is the suggested fix?

Comment

Hi,

this is a fix at the sourcecode:
                  open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPConnection.java

search for
                  tmpPass = "oxtest40";

and delete the entry, then recompile the groupware.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks for the info. I know now why I could not find it. The files are not on my test machine. I will just pull down the files later and rerun the sh file.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I tried again today. The script that I am running is at http://213.239.220.146/~mbraun/ox/debian_etch/

I have a fresh install of Etch will all the updates. At end of the install script I get:

Creating Groupware user... user in context 1 could not be created:
                      Server response:
                      com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
                      Restarting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
                      Restarting Open-Xchange Groupware Daemon: open-xchange-groupware

I did look at the file from CVS that I pulls down and did not file the word "oxtest40" in the file
                      open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPConnection.java:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                      Bill

Comment

Working...
                      X