X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugreport createcontext uses wrong database

Hmm something goes wrong here. I think it's a bug

Code:
    ZBGES:/#  /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A root -P iegahkawaemoonahseodeeteyashae -c 1 -u webmaster -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p iegahkawaemoonahseodeeteyashae -L defaultcontext -e webmaster@my-tld.org -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all  
    context 1 could not be created: 
    Server response:
     java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Access denied for user 'xchangeuser'@'localhost' to database 'db0003_9'
    ZBGES:/#  /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A root -P iegahkawaemoonahseodeeteyashae -c 1 -u webmaster -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p iegahkawaemoonahseodeeteyashae -L defaultcontext -e webmaster@my-tld.org -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all  
    Server response:
     java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Access denied for user 'xchangeuser'@'localhost' to database 'db0003_10'
    Server response:
     java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Access denied for user 'xchangeuser'@'localhost' to database 'db0003_11'
    Server response:
     java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Access denied for user 'xchangeuser'@'localhost' to database 'db0003_12'
    ZBGES:/#
    The Database vor Openxchange is db0003. Hmm createcontext uses a different Database such as db0003_4 , db0003_5 .... per each try

That happens on two fresh installed Servers with Debian GNU Linux 5.0.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2009, 09:42 PM.

Hi,

the context creation process creates a new database schema if no schema exists. Therefor the raising count of database_7,8,9 is normal since OX uses an internal sequence number for new objects like databases or filestores. For example, you can configure the amount of contexts per database schema - if schema_5 is "full", schema_6 is being automatically created and so on.

What does not seem to be correct in this case is the steady counting in case of an error, i'd like to investigate this. About the error message itself - does the user "xchangeuser" have the permission to connect via localhost? Try "mysql -uxchangeuser -pPASS -hlocalhost" manually to find out if the database user access permissions may be incorrect.

Greetings

Comment

I have already granted all permissions of the user to the Database before i have installed OpenXchange and posted my report. So "mysql -u xchangeuser -h localhost -D db0003 -ppassword" runs with success. The User xchangeuser has got access from localhost and to Datbase db0003 only.

kind regards Darko
      Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Ups forgotten the Log

Comment

Hi,

the user xchangeuser will try to create new databases - could it be that this is permitted?

Comment

Not from me. I will never permit Users to grant access on Mysql! It's as I said before. It seems to be a Bug Hmm ouer Servers are powerd with VMware. They runs as VM's on ESX or VMware Server 2 Hosts. It's quickly not possible to give you direct access to the VM on one of ouer Hosts. But i can offer it to download them. You will need 20 GB Diskspace :/

Comment

I don't mean ordinary system or groupware users, but a mysql database user which is used by the Open-Xchange servers to manage databases. This is simply one additional user at the database which is controlled by the groupware.

Comment

OK here my listing for setup. Password and TLD are modifided

1.)

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-dbname db0003 --configdb-user root --configdb-pass=secretpasswd

2.)

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --servername=localhost --master-user postmaster --master-pass=va4xaemoCh --ajp-bind-port=localhost --imapserver imap.mytld.org --smtpserver smtp.mytld.org --configdb-dbname db0003 --configdb-user xchangeuser --configdb-pass=sheiS8Saib

3.)
                /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start

4.)
                /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n localhost -A postmaster -P va4xaemoCh

5.)
                /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerfilestore -A postmaster -P va4xaemoCh -t file:///srv/oxfiles/

6.)
                /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerdatabase -A postmaster -P va4xaemoCh -n db0003 --dbuser xchangeuser --dbpasswd sheiS8Saib -m true

So now i have access to the Database but createcontext seems trying to create new ones

Comment

Working...
                X