Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help building a translation

Hello,

In my naivity i just translated (most of) the language-files to Norwegian and just thought I could add the files in their correct folders, and then everything would run smooth.

Boy, was I wrong...

I posted this

in the hacks-part of the forum, but there seems to little or no activity there, so I try here instead.

For those of you who know how to do it, is it easy to "ant deply" the translation?
    If yes, is it possible to help me (and other Norwegians)?

Thank you for any response!

Hi,

you need to have a development environment for the Open-Xchange GUI which basically means checking out the sourcecode and installing some build tools like ant. The call "ant deploy" is a command to execute build scripts mentioned at the build.xml file of the GUI. If you don't want to or are unable to setup such an build environment, just attach the .po file to this thread and i'm gonna build it for you.

Greetings

Comment

That is wonderful, thank you!

Unable in the meaning of don't understand is a better word than don't want to... :-)

But now I know you can do this, I thougt I should finish the translation so we don't have to do this deploy-procedure multiple times. Will you be reachable in this forum during the easter?

Rgrds, Primaxx
      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2009, 10:22 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

The Norwegian Translation

Hello,

Here are all(?) the files needed, I think...

Thank you so very much for wanting to help me! :-)

rgrds, Primaxx
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

the GUI translation is already at the correct format, so you only need to copy that no_NO.js and languages.js file to /var/www/ox6/lang and you'll see the new language at the configuration section at 'Language and region' after your next login.
          The server translation file also only needs to be copied to the servers i18n directory at /opt/open-xchange/i18n/ - one server restart and the translation will be used.

It worked very well for me by just copying the files and selecting the language, great work! If you don't mind i'll add your contribution to http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...le_Translation.

Greetings
          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-07-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Hm, that's strange, because I actually tried what you said, but the Norwegian translation didn't show up. I'll try again...

Just happy to contribute, but I must warn: I haven't been able to do a serious quality-check of the translation, since I have to do that when using the program. When I find errors, I'll make a new revision and post it here.

Rgrds, Primaxx
            Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2009, 09:52 AM. Reason: Changing If I find to When I find... :-)

Comment

Working...
            X