Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Delivery receipt confirming - howto request?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Delivery receipt confirming - howto request?

Dear folks,

how can feature requests submitted to OX? Is this forum the right place?

It would be great to have a checkbox to request a Delivery receipt confirming.
    (outlook calls it On the File menu, select Options > Mail. Under Tracking, select the Delivery receipt confirming)

Thank you.

Unfortunately nobody responded here. So please consider this feature again.

Comment

This feature exists if I understand your request correctly:

​I cannot attach an image apparently. It's in the compose window under the "three bar dropdown" as "Request read receipt".

Please note that this is not a Delivery Status Notification but a Message Disposition Notification the recipient can confirm or ignore. Different notifications are unlikely to be implemented.

Comment

True, thats just a read recipient. So the recipient can decide. A DSN would be much better, as the recipients mailserver automatically acks the acceptance.
        I think this would be a great feature for OX. specifically in Germany where soon? also notice of terminations are accepted via e-mail and one needs a way to prove the delivery.

? https://www.heise.de/news/Kuendigung...n-9336699.html

Comment

I'm not sure. I rarely saw (back when I tried it) MTAs responding to DSN requests. Or are you aware of any regulations that MTAs must respond to those or any other indications that this will become widely used?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
            I'm not sure. I rarely saw (back when I tried it) MTAs responding to DSN requests. Or are you aware of any regulations that MTAs must respond to those or any other indications that this will become widely used?
            The local mailserver of the sender generates the DSN if OpenXchange requests a DSN. It's pretty common and accepted to show a DSN-report at justice. This is widely accepted in Germany. I did a paper regarding DSN:

The implementation should be pretty simple in OX. A button to request DSN while composing e-mail:
            Then OX should simply extend the RCPT line when talking to SMTP-Server: Example:

RCPT TO: support@example.com NOTIFY=SUCCESS,FAILURE,DELAY ORCPT=rfc822;support@example.com

Comment

The technical things are clear to me. What I'm saying is that from my experience a lot of MTAs are ignoring those requests. But thanks for your pointer.

Comment

Working...
              X