X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Kauss
    Guest replied
    Hi.

You might want to use the ical interface to create tasks, this should be the easiest way IMHO. A code example should be available in the SyncML OXtender.

Search for OXConverter ...

Greetings,

Martin Kauss

Leave a comment:

• Francisco Laguna
    Guest replied
    Alright. Now the next question is: Does that program run as part of the OX or is it running in its own process?

Leave a comment:

• ejbengine
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Francisco Laguna View Post
    In OX 5 you'll have to stick with the WebDAV XML interface for remote clients and the Java API if you're running in the same process.

The only documentation for the tasks is the source code, I'm afraid.

What are you trying to do, anyways?
    Basically I would like to be able to read and create tasks on an OX5 from a java program

Leave a comment:

• Francisco Laguna
    Guest replied
    In OX 5 you'll have to stick with the WebDAV XML interface for remote clients and the Java API if you're running in the same process.

The only documentation for the tasks is the source code, I'm afraid.

What are you trying to do, anyways?

Leave a comment:

• ejbengine
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
    Does it have to be OX5?
    Yes.The client is running OX5

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
    Does it have to be OX5? In Hyperion these are quite simple HTTP requests that all Java programs should be able to handle.

René
    Does this mean its not possible to do with OX5?

Leave a comment:

• Rene Stach
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by ejbengine View Post
    Basically what I wanna do is be able to write new tasks, get tasks lists , read what's in ldap , from a Java program.
    Does it have to be OX5? In Hyperion these are quite simple HTTP requests that all Java programs should be able to handle.

René

Leave a comment:

• ejbengine
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Francisco Laguna View Post
    Compared to OX 5 in OX Codename: Hyperion we've learnt some API wisdom. We're using a layer of APIs between the HTTP API Servlets and the database ourselves. If you read through the code of the Servlets you can see these for yourself.

Depending on what you're trying to do this might be the place to look. This is the closest thing to an API we currently have. Note though that the deeper you go through the stack (HTTP Client via HTTP API -> Servlet -> API -> ... -> Database) the less standardized and less stable(API-wise) things become.

HTH
    Basically what I wanna do is be able to write new tasks, get tasks lists , read what's in ldap , from a Java program.

Leave a comment:

• ejbengine
    Guest replied
    The examples on OXInterfaces don't seem address the issue of creating tasks , getting task lists , etc ...from a Java program.That's what I'm more interested in doing.

Leave a comment:

• Tobias Prinz
    replied
    Just don't listen to Francisco on Fridays. He's posting about [del]OCHFKAO[/del]: OX: Codename Hyperion.

OX5 is a bit trickier, but it can be done.
    See OX5 Interfaces.
    Last edited by Tobias Prinz; 03-23-2007, 01:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Francisco Laguna
    Guest replied
    Compared to OX 5 in OX Codename: Hyperion we've learnt some API wisdom. We're using a layer of APIs between the HTTP API Servlets and the database ourselves. If you read through the code of the Servlets you can see these for yourself.

Depending on what you're trying to do this might be the place to look. This is the closest thing to an API we currently have. Note though that the deeper you go through the stack (HTTP Client via HTTP API -> Servlet -> API -> ... -> Database) the less standardized and less stable(API-wise) things become.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ejbengine
    Guest started a topic Java and open-xchange

Java and open-xchange

Does open-xchange 5 provide an interface for java clients to programmatically do things such as create tasks , get task lists , etc?
Working...
X