Backup & Restore - How to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup & Restore - How to

I am interested in how other people are backing up their OX Community Editions...

What is the best way to do this?

Are there any hidden traps or gatchya's?

Cheers!

Trent

Okay to help answer my question maybe someone could confirm the following - would backing up the following items enable me to do a full restore of OX Community Edition?

groupware configuration
    /opt/open-xchange/etc/

OX Filestore
    /var/opt/filespool

Database Backup

What directories need to be backed up in here
    /var/spool

User Directories - what data in here is required by OX?
    /home

Mail Boxes
    /var/lib/cyrus

Thanks again!

Trent

Comment

Hi,

I would like to know the answer to this question too. Did you have any luck?

Cheers.

Comment

Heh ok,

So I found a post with the detail. There is a file named backup.sh in /opt/open-xchange/libexec which is used by the icon which can be found in oxadmin web page under Syetem => Recovery page.

When I first tried this it complained about mysql being accessed by the root user without a password so I edited the script to include it.

I'm not sure it's the correct thing to do, but doesn't appear too bad. I should be able to make a new backup script (run by a cron) which runs this and scps the file using a key to my backup computer automatically.

Comment

Hi,

Trent73 is right, those are the directories and services that need to be included to a backup. I would backup the whole /opt/open-xchange/ directory, not only the etc directory, just to be sure. Please note that the backup procedure of you IMAP server may vary and also the path of the OX filestore, it depends on the configured path.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X