Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File permission error on Ubuntu 10.04 for /opt/open-xchange

Hi there,

I just had the hell of a fight to get open exchange running on a ubuntu 10.04 version. I followed the explanations from the wiki:

So far so good, but the groupware-daemon was never starting up. I didn't even realize it was his fault. Just always got the "503, temporarily not available"-message. From another thread here (sorry I don't have the link) I got the hint that the file permissions must be set to the open-xchange user.

THIS IS CURRENTLY NOT THE CASE FOR THE UBUNTU 10.04 PACKAGES.

After running a

Code:
    sudo chown -R open-xchange:open-xchange /opt/open-xchange
    the daemon is now starting up and everything is working. Just wanted to point that out. Maybe someone should put it in the install-docs. It cost me some hours to figure that.

by the way: nice project, open exchange
    regards

Hi,

thanks for the information. Did you start the proper init script at /etc/init.d? It`s a known pitfall that the file permissions change to root when calling the /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware script directly.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't tell you for sure if I was calling it directly or by using the init-script. I was just following the Ubuntu-instructions:

and thats it. On the OXpedia site they say "use /etc/init.d/..." so I think I did it like this.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a short remark in the installation-manual like:
      after starting the groupware:
      - verify it is actually running
      - only start the groupware using the /etc/init.d/scripts
      - if the server is not starting up, verify the file permissions of the folder /opt/open-xchange

Maybe I was the only (stupid) one who spent quite some time on this topic, but I think it wouldn't hurt to add something like that.

btw.: thanks for the answer

Comment

Working...
      X