Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange Community Edition Installer released

Hello Everybody,

i just want to point your attention to a little contribution i've been working on in the last weeks: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...tion_Installer

This little script automatically installs a full functional build of the Open-Xchange Community Edition on a Debian Etch system. Currently it works quite simple, but i hope you like it anyway and maybe drop some feedback

Greetings.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-23-2007, 11:53 PM.

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Hello Everybody,

i just want to point your attention to a little contribution i've been working on in the last weeks: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...tion_Installer

This little script automatically installs a full functional build of the Open-Xchange Community Edition on a Debian Etch system. Currently it works quite simple, but i hope you like it anyway and maybe drop some feedback

Greetings.

thank you very much Martin, as always helping and making great contributions, thank you very much.

Comment

Installers updated, i also added a script for openSuSE 10.2 and Ubuntu Feisty.
      Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-25-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Fantansitc Script

Many thanks to Martin and his great effort. The script does the work of two days for you in 5 minutes.

Remember to set your JDK enviroments ie: JAVA_HOME etc...

John (very happy now with OX)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
          Installers updated, i also added a script for openSuSE 10.2 and Ubuntu Feisty.

thanks for your work Martinā€¦ I have a doubt, that I must change so that the dominion is not example.com and change it by midomain.com

Comment

// EDIT:
            The workaround below is obsolete now as i added a customizable domain name to the installer. It's included at the debian installer at the moment but will also be available at the ubuntu/opensuse installer soon.

Hi,

you'll have to modify the following lines. All line numbers are taken from the debian script as of 19/09/07.

line 216:
            /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller -f --oxdb-pass=secret --admin-pass=secret --maildomain example.com

line 227:
            /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret -c 1 -u testuser -d "Test User" -s "User" -g "Test" -p secret -e testuser@example.com

configs:
            apache/default: ServerName hyperion.example.com
            apache/default: ServerAdmin oxadmin@example.com
            cyrus/imapd.conf:loginrealms: example.com
            postfix/main.cf:myhostname = example.com
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Does your script also work with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ?

Comment

Hi Gromit,

i am not sure about this, but - just try
                If it is a requirement for many community members to provide a 6.06 installer i'll think about it but supporting any and every version of a distribution will end up in a very large support effort, for example when updating the script for 100 platforms. But anybody is invited port the installer to other distributions and operating systems.

Greetings

Comment

Well, I think Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ist probably the most important version of ubuntu for server systems right now since it has the long term support.

Comment

Hi again,

i just added a installer for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. Please add the 'universe' and 'multiverse' repository to your sources.list in order to complete installation.

Greetings

Comment

Hi again,

i just implemented some major enhancements in term of updating the software. It is now possible to select whether to update or replace a existing Open-Xchange Community Edition installation. Note that this update is currently only available at the Debian Etch installer, i'll upgrade scripts for other distributions later.

Greetings.

Comment

well done Martin..... you are the big man..... realy thanks.

Comment

Awesome

I haven't gotten around to trying this thing out yet, but I've beenhacking on OX for two days to get all the components together...wish I'd seen this
                          sticky last Friday!

Now if I could only get the forum language set to something other than German. It's difficult to set up a new account when all of the notifications and buttons are in German, but with the help of Google translation tools and a little experience with enrolling in forums like this I got by. Someone might want to take a look at that though it might deter some noobs.

Again, thanks for writing this script Martin, I'm looking forward to giving it a spin.

Comment

Wow, that was soooo easy.
                            I installed it onto Ubuntu Feisty in under 30 mins.
                            ROTFLMAO...what a waste of time following the wiki.
                            I think the problem arose for me as to how I entered the
                            Community Edition section from the main open-xchange
                            home page. If you click into the community edition section
                            and go straight to downloads it looks like this:

Nowhere in this area does it tell you that hey, wait a minute, rather than
                            brutalize yourself for a couple of days just grab this handy installer.

Oh well, live and learn....but grab the installer folks and make your life easier.

Comment

This installer works perfect. Good work. Keep it up man!!!
                              Thanks a lot

One thing - when you install OX on a fresh installed Debian Etch i get an Error that "postfix-mysql" canĀ“t installed because there is no postfix installed. So you should also set postfix on your package list ?!

Greez BeNe
                              Open-Xchange - Community Edition User

Comment

Working...
                              X