Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OX with any other MTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OX with any other MTA

    hi all

    i want to test another MTA (like Qmail, other than Cyrus-Postfix) with my OX server.
    Is there any way becoz i know tht we can use any MTA with OX, but where is Configuartion changes that need to be done. ??

    Thanks

  • #2
    Hi,

    I just wanted to ask the same question here.

    It looks like we only need the webmail frontend, what would be nice to use with another MTA and IMAP client indeed.

    I hope this is possible.

    Matts

    Comment


    • #3
      Of course, just use the --imapserver property at user creation (and see --extendedoptions) for more information about the command line tool "createuser". We've tested cyrus, courier and dovecot with postfix and exim so far.

      Greetings

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Martin,

        I alreayd have a mailserver that is running and use Horde for the moment.

        I would like to switch to OX for only the frontend for users, the mailservers are managed by other software.

        This would be possible ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matts View Post
          Hi Martin,

          I alreayd have a mailserver that is running and use Horde for the moment.

          I would like to switch to OX for only the frontend for users, the mailservers are managed by other software.

          This would be possible ?
          This is the purpose OX Hyperion has been designed for: You have a mail server and would like to enhance this with groupware functionlity. All email related setting have to be done in your mail server. OX Hyperion actully does not care about your email setup as long as a user can login to groupware and IMAP.

          BTW, the purpose of "Extras" is to jump to a webpage to manage the user's mail account. Therefore, it cannot only open a web page but also create a session and automatically authenticate the user. This might be tricky to set up when you do this the first time, but it is definitely worth it.

          René

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Martin..
            What if i want to use any other Mail server , say, existing Qmail server to integrate with OX..
            is it possible ?? and what all config i need to change regd. this ??
            However , i've seen "createuser --extendedoptions" as u said, but doesn;t find much related to my above reqm.



            Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
            Of course, just use the --imapserver property at user creation (and see --extendedoptions) for more information about the command line tool "createuser". We've tested cyrus, courier and dovecot with postfix and exim so far.

            Greetings

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi mayank,

              again: just use the --imapserver option of the createuser command line tool. There you can add your imap server (ip address/Host). You don't have to configure anything at the config files of OX, the IMAP Server capabilities get parsed and autoconfigured if the users logs in. We did not yet test qmail, but it would be nice to hear your feedback
              --extendedoptions offers those two parameters which are related to your problem:
              --imapserver (your imap server)
              --smtpserver (your smtp server)
              --imaplogin (your user's imap login name)
              Those options also apply to the "changeuser" script, for the matter you wish to change existing users.

              By default, the password from the users login at the web interface is taken as password for the users password at the imap server.

              Greetings.
              Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-19-2007, 09:25 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi
                thanx for reply
                So what shuld i put in --imapserver, --smtpserver , if i want to use Qmail running on some other IP/server ??
                Shuld i put --imapserver=<IP> and is it enough or i've to change any other Config ?
                waiting !!!

                Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                Hi mayank,

                again: just use the --imapserver option of the createuser command line tool. There you can add your imap server (ip address/Host). You don't have to configure anything at the config files of OX, the IMAP Server capabilities get parsed and autoconfigured if the users logs in. We did not yet test qmail, but it would be nice to hear your feedback
                --extendedoptions offers those two parameters which are related to your problem:
                --imapserver (your imap server)
                --smtpserver (your smtp server)
                --imaplogin (your user's imap login name)
                Those options also apply to the "changeuser" script, for the matter you wish to change existing users.

                By default, the password from the users login at the web interface is taken as password for the users password at the imap server.

                Greetings.

                Comment


                • #9
                  hi
                  Do i also need to create new domain at my Imap server (Qmail), which im using for my OX server ?? Otherwise, i think it'll create prb.


                  Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                  Hi mayank,

                  again: just use the --imapserver option of the createuser command line tool. There you can add your imap server (ip address/Host). You don't have to configure anything at the config files of OX, the IMAP Server capabilities get parsed and autoconfigured if the users logs in. We did not yet test qmail, but it would be nice to hear your feedback
                  --extendedoptions offers those two parameters which are related to your problem:
                  --imapserver (your imap server)
                  --smtpserver (your smtp server)
                  --imaplogin (your user's imap login name)
                  Those options also apply to the "changeuser" script, for the matter you wish to change existing users.

                  By default, the password from the users login at the web interface is taken as password for the users password at the imap server.

                  Greetings.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think you're mixing up the ox server and the mail backend. OX uses every mail account you configure, it behaves like a ordinary imap client. Setting up domains and such stuff is a qmail task. At OX side you just have to set the imapserver, smtserver and mail property to tell ox how to use the imap server. I'm not sure how compatible it is to qmail because currently we focus on cyrus, courier and dovecot.

                    Greetings

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hi martin.
                      i think u misunderstood my ques.
                      Scenario is : im using :
                      IMAP server - Courier IMAP
                      SMTP server - Qmail
                      (on Different localtion/IP)

                      and then , im giving createuser command like :

                      /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mayank" --username tetranew --displayname "Tetra Info" --password tetranew --email tetranew@newoffice.org --givenname tetra --surname info --language en_US --timezone Asia/Calcutta --department Soft Devp --company "Tetra Info" --imapserver "<IMAP IP>" --smtpserver "SMTP IP" --imaplogin "IMAP LOGIN" -c 1

                      i've created new domain "newoffice.org" in OX. Earlier i was using diff one..
                      but for this purpose only, i've created new .
                      Is this really necessary ??
                      Also, im able to create users on diff domain on same sys, if i remove, --imapserver, --smtpserver and --imaplogin options, but not on diff Server...
                      Pl'z help.









                      Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                      I think you're mixing up the ox server and the mail backend. OX uses every mail account you configure, it behaves like a ordinary imap client. Setting up domains and such stuff is a qmail task. At OX side you just have to set the imapserver, smtserver and mail property to tell ox how to use the imap server. I'm not sure how compatible it is to qmail because currently we focus on cyrus, courier and dovecot.

                      Greetings

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is necessary to show the users sender address correctly at the UI and to take the correct sender when accessing the qmail smtp server.

                        Greetings.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          u mean to say that i need to create another domain with same name that im using with OX server ??
                          then will this command work for me ??

                          /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mayank" --username tetranew --displayname "Tetra Info" --password tetranew --email tetranew@newoffice.org --givenname tetra --surname info --language en_US --timezone Asia/Calcutta --department Soft Devp --company "Tetra Info" --imapserver "<IMAP IP>" --smtpserver "SMTP IP" --imaplogin "IMAP LOGIN" -c 1

                          if any changes to any of these param. r reqd, pl'z tell me !!

                          Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                          This is necessary to show the users sender address correctly at the UI and to take the correct sender when accessing the qmail smtp server.

                          Greetings.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hi martin ..
                            I've tried this command but nothing happened . Instead im getting this error :

                            /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mayank" --username tetra --displayname "Tetra Info1" --password tetra --email tetra@newoffice.org --givenname tetra --surname info --language en_US --timezone Asia/Calcutta --department Soft Devp --company "Tetra Info" -c 1 --imapserver 'IMAP IP' --smtpserver 'SMTP IP' --imaplogin 'IMAP LOGIN'

                            response :
                            user in context 1 could not be created:
                            Server response:
                            com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed.
                            what is happening here ? am i missing sth ?


                            Originally posted by mayank View Post
                            u mean to say that i need to create another domain with same name that im using with OX server ??
                            then will this command work for me ??

                            /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mayank" --username tetranew --displayname "Tetra Info" --password tetranew --email tetranew@newoffice.org --givenname tetra --surname info --language en_US --timezone Asia/Calcutta --department Soft Devp --company "Tetra Info" --imapserver "<IMAP IP>" --smtpserver "SMTP IP" --imaplogin "IMAP LOGIN" -c 1

                            if any changes to any of these param. r reqd, pl'z tell me !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry, mayank if I am not addressing your exact issue here.

                              I have tried the changeuser and createuser scripts. I am finding --imaplogin seems to get ignored. Both --imapserver and --smtpserver values get picked up as expected. However, it does not matter what value I put in -- imaplogin ... it gets ignored and the IMAP login I see on my mail server Courier logs is the OX login name. I've tried changing --imaplogin to several different values -- no success.

                              Ok, so why not just change the OX login to match my Courier login, you ask? I tried that. My IMAP server expects a domain name after the login name. (paul@mydomain.com). Fine. However, OX will not allow me to set that username up -- I guess it doesn't like the "@".

                              Is this a bug?

                              Apollo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X