Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File does not exist: /var/www/ox6/ajax

Hi!
    I just installed OX6 on my vserver (Debian Lenny, followed the OX-Ubuntu-Hardy-Howto), and it seemingly worked just fine. OX has its own VirtualHost and apparently runs just fine. There's only one error in /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-console.log:
    Code:
    Error occurred during initialization of VM
    Could not reserve enough space for object heap
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.
    but that file has been altered during installation process last time, and as far as I can tell Java runs just fine (restarted /etc/init.d/open-xchange-*):
    Code:
    host:~# ps axww | grep java
    15463 ?        Sl     0:06 /usr/bin/java -Xms100m -Xmx100m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:NewSize=50m -XX:MaxNewSize=50m -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -Dopenexchange.propdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Dconfigdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties -Duser.timezone=GMT -Dlibdir=/opt/open-xchange/bundles/com.openexchange.common/lib -jar /opt/open-xchange/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530.jar -configuration file:/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/osgi/
    When I fire up Firefox and enter the login page I get a nice login screen, and when using the oxadmin credentials it starts logging in, but then I get an error window / box saying "404 - File not found"

In the error log file I get this:
    Code:
    [Wed Dec 17 08:29:05 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.x] File does not exist: /var/www/ox6/ajax, referer: https://ox.example.com/ox.html
    And yes, this file does not exist (I was really surprised :-D )

In the access los i found this:
    Code:
    xxx.xxx.xxx.x - - [17/Dec/2008:08:40:05 +0100] "GET /ajax/login?action=autologin HTTP/1.1" 404 183 "https://ox.example.com/ox.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008111318 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.4"
    Looks like /var/www/ox6/ajax as a missing directory.

Installed packages:
    Code:
    ii  open-xchange                            6.6.0-19                   Open-Xchange server scripts and configuration
    ii  open-xchange-admin                      6.6.0-12                   Open Xchange Admin Daemon containing commandl
    ii  open-xchange-admin-client               6.6.0-12                   The Open Xchange Admin Daemon RMI client libr
    ii  open-xchange-admin-doc                  6.6.0-12                   Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI client
    ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting       6.6.0-12                   Open Xchange Admin Hosting Plugin
    ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-doc   6.6.0-12                   Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI client
    ii  open-xchange-authentication-database    6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Database Authentication
    ii  open-xchange-cache                      6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Caching Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-charset                    6.6.0-13                   charset bundle
    ii  open-xchange-common                     6.6.0-12                   jar files and OSGi bundles commonly used by a
    ii  open-xchange-commons-logging-log4j      6.6.0-5                    Fragment for commons logging for adding depen
    ii  open-xchange-configjump-generic         6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange generic ConfigJump
    ii  open-xchange-configread                 6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Config Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-control                    6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Control Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-data-conversion-ical4j     6.6.0-14                   The Open-Xchange data conversion iCal4j imple
    ii  open-xchange-global                     6.6.0-13                   global bundle
    ii  open-xchange-group-managerequest        6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Group Management Requ
    ii  open-xchange-gui                        6.6.0-18                   Package containing the AJAX gui
    ii  open-xchange-i18n                       6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange i18n Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-imap                       6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server IMAP Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-jcharset                   1.3.0-34                   jcharset bundle
    ii  open-xchange-log4j                      6.6.0-5                    log4j library bundle and xml configuration fi
    ii  open-xchange-mailfilter                 6.6.0-13                   Open Xchange Mailfilter Plugin
    ii  open-xchange-management                 6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Management Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-monitoring                 6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Monitoring Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-online-help-he-de          6.6.0-7                    Package containing german OX online help
    ii  open-xchange-passwordchange-database    6.6.0-11                   The Open-Xchange Password Change Database Bun
    ii  open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet     6.6.0-11                   The Open-Xchange Password Change Servlet
    ii  open-xchange-push-udp                   6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Push UDP Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-resource-managerequest     6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Resource Manage Reque
    ii  open-xchange-server                     6.6.0-19                   The Open-Xchange Server Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-sessiond                   6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server Session Daemon
    ii  open-xchange-settings-extensions        6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Settings Extensions
    ii  open-xchange-smtp                       6.6.0-13                   The Open-Xchange Server SMTP Bundle
    ii  open-xchange-spamhandler-default        6.6.0-12                   The Open-Xchange Default Spam Handler
    Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

OK, found it myself: The wiki doesn't mention to include /etc/apache2/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf.

After that the error changed - Service temporarily unavailable

Looks like I got a memory/resource problem on that machine

Comment

Everything below conf.d is loaded automatically on a apache2 with default configuration. How much memory do you have? Virtual Servers tend to provide 256-512MB which can be too less if multiple services are running.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        Everything below conf.d is loaded automatically on a apache2 with default configuration.
        Well, you got me - I changed that because I didn't want to activate phpmyadmin and some more services on all of my VirtualHosts, especialy not on those without SSL
        How much memory do you have? Virtual Servers tend to provide 256-512MB which can be too less if multiple services are running.
        Code:
        host:~# free -m
                     total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
        Mem:          1024        709        314          0          0          0
        -/+ buffers/cache:        709        314
        Swap:            0          0          0
        That is with oX running, but I just found that there should be two java processes running - i got one only, and the /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware script complains about a missing process when stopping the service.
        Is there a way to tweak the resource consumption of the java processes?
        I reckon this sets the memory needed to a 100 MB:
        Code:
        host:~# ps axww | grep java
        15463 ?        Sl     0:06 /usr/bin/java -Xms100m -Xmx100m
        In /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/ox-admin-scriptconf.sh I found some settings corresponding to the above line, but reducing that number didnÄt help so far - still just one java process, and still the 503 error

any hints?

Comment

Is there anything logged at /var/log/open-xchange/ ?

Comment

/var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin-console.log is getting touched, but empty,
            /var/log/open-xchange/osgi-admin.log gains about 2.5k bytes upon
            Code:
            /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
            osgi-admin.log gains this:
            Code:
            !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-12-17 11:34:13.026
            !MESSAGE Error starting bundle: initial@reference:file:org.apache.commons.logging.log4j.jar/
            !STACK 0
            org.osgi.framework.BundleException: A fragment bundle cannot be started: initial@reference:file:org.apache.commons.logging.log4j.jar/ [15]
                    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleFragment.startWorker(BundleFragment.java:224)
                    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startBundle(EclipseStarter.java:1140)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startBundles(EclipseStarter.java:1133)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.loadBasicBundles(EclipseStarter.java:630)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:303)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:172)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.main(EclipseStarter.java:149)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-12-17 11:34:13.031
            !MESSAGE Error starting bundle: initial@reference:file:org.apache.log4j.configuration-admindaemon/
            !STACK 0
            org.osgi.framework.BundleException: A fragment bundle cannot be started: initial@reference:file:org.apache.log4j.configuration-admindaemon/ [16]
                    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleFragment.startWorker(BundleFragment.java:224)
                    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startBundle(EclipseStarter.java:1140)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startBundles(EclipseStarter.java:1133)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.loadBasicBundles(EclipseStarter.java:630)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:303)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:172)
                    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.main(EclipseStarter.java:149)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-12-17 11:34:16.533
            !MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:org.apache.commons.logging.log4j.jar/ [15] is not active.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-12-17 11:34:16.533
            !MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:org.apache.log4j.configuration-admindaemon/ [16] is not active.
            In the process list I find one java process.

Code:
            /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware start
            doesn't change any files in the log directory after that. I don't get additional processes in the process list.

Comment

That error message in osgi-log is not critical, it seems you're using the log4j implementation that uses syslog. Please enable syslogd remote logging (/etc/default/syslogd) and restart the syslog service. This should at least give you some output at /var/log/syslog.
              I'm curious why there is no java process started when executing /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware - can you please post the output of "ps axf | grep java" after starting?
              If the groupware process crashes on startup, log entries are written to open-xchange-console.log at /var/log/open-xchange.
              What Java Version are you using (java -version) ?

Comment

Code:
                host:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
                Starting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
                host:~# ps axf | grep java
                 9710 pts/0    S+     0:00                      \_ grep java
                 9527 ?        Sl     0:04 /usr/bin/java -Xms100m -Xmx100m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:NewSize=50m -XX:MaxNewSize=50m -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -Dopenexchange.propdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Dconfigdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties -Duser.timezone=GMT -Dlibdir=/opt/open-xchange/bundles/com.openexchange.common/lib -jar /opt/open-xchange/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530.jar -configuration file:/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/osgi/
                host:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware start
                Starting Open-Xchange Groupware: open-xchange-groupware.
                host:~# ps axf | grep java
                 9863 pts/0    S+     0:00                      \_ grep java
                 9527 ?        Sl     0:04 /usr/bin/java -Xms100m -Xmx100m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:NewSize=50m -XX:MaxNewSize=50m -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -Dopenexchange.propdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Dconfigdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties -Duser.timezone=GMT -Dlibdir=/opt/open-xchange/bundles/com.openexchange.common/lib -jar /opt/open-xchange/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530.jar -configuration file:/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/osgi/
                host:~# java -version
                java version "1.5.0_16"
                Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b02)
                Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-b02, mixed mode)
                I attached the syslog output as a file, because it's too long to meet the board limits.

All this 46k text is generated when starting up the admin process, not the groupware - the groupware doesn't blow a whistle of it's existence. Looks like an element with a very short half-life-period

EDIT:
                Just tried if changing the Java VM to Version 6 changes anything:
                Code:
                host:/home/frschorer# ps axf | grep java
                21616 pts/0    S+     0:00  |                   \_ grep java
                20165 ?        Sl     0:04 /usr/bin/java -Xms100m -Xmx100m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:NewSize=50m -XX:MaxNewSize=50m -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -Dopenexchange.propdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Dconfigdir=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties -Duser.timezone=GMT -Dlibdir=/opt/open-xchange/bundles/com.openexchange.common/lib -jar /opt/open-xchange/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530.jar -configuration file:/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/osgi/
                host:/home/frschorer# java -version
                java version "1.6.0_07"
                Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
                Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)
                host:/home/frschorer# free -m
                             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
                Mem:          1024        658        365          0          0          0
                -/+ buffers/cache:        658        365
                Swap:            0          0          0
                New syslog excerpt attached.

Well, I think it's safe to say "no, it does not"
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2008, 05:00 PM. Reason: overread some info in the previous post, tried to correct it...; Edit2: some more info

Comment

Working...
                X