Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDAP Automated User Creation using Command Line Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LDAP Automated User Creation using Command Line Tools

    Hello,
    i want to create all users and Groups with the Automated User Creation.
    How do i need to setup the file for import?

    Is it enough to write all the .adduser commands after another.

    And how do i open this file with the command tool?

    Would be so happy to get some help on this issue!

    Thanks
    philippsen

  • #2
    Hello,

    are you talking about the new OX (hyperion) ?

    There is no LDAP as a user management backend.

    For the other OX version, yes, you can run one command after another....

    I don't understand the question:
    And how do i open this file with the command tool?
    can you please be a bit more precise?

    greetz

    Comment


    • #3
      >>are you talking about the new OX (hyperion) ?

      >>There is no LDAP as a user management backend.

      What else is there as a user management?

      peace
      philippsen

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, for the hyperion it is done in a mySQL database as all the other stuff.

        That's why I ask the question

        Greetz

        Comment


        • #5
          ok, i understand.
          Even for the advanced Server Edition the User Management is based on a mysql database?
          That means the command line tools are not working anymore for the hyperion release, is that correct?

          Could i use a sql-statemant in order to create the Users automaticaly(script generated)?

          Thanks a million!

          Philipp

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by philippsen View Post
            ok, i understand.
            Even for the advanced Server Edition the User Management is based on a mysql database?
            if you are talking about hyperion, yes.

            Originally posted by philippsen View Post
            That means the command line tools are not working anymore for the hyperion release, is that correct?
            Yes and no.
            There are new scripts available.
            Originally posted by philippsen View Post
            Could i use a sql-statemant in order to create the Users automaticaly(script generated)?
            Only when you do the same as the scripts would do

            Please use the scripts do create/delete user which are available with hyperion.
            greetz

            Comment

            Working...
            X