Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login fails - 503 - Service temporarily not available

Hi,

i tried to set up ox using the tutorial in the community area.

I finished everything, except that i cant login via the web gui. I keep getting the error, 503 - Service temporarily not available.

My distro is Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. I'm using the cvs build of today afternoon. I deleted the logs in /var/log/openexchange and rebootet my server, now the only entry is:

Code:
    open-xchange-console.log
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware: line 41: exec: -X: invalid option
    exec: usage: exec [-cl] [-a name] file [redirection ...]
    So the only error message i actually have is the one from the web browser.

Also, when I added the user, i didn't get what's said in the tutorial:
    And if everything is set up correctly the script will happily answer us with the new user id. Let's say it's
    23 in our case.
    I didn't get a user ID, but something that looked like a success message.

Now I can't run the script anymore at all, it says:

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser: line 93: -classpath: command not found
    said line reads like this:

Code:
    $JAVA_BIN -classpath $LIBPATH/ox_admin_plugin_imap.jar:${ADMINCP} $JAVAMAIN $*
    I don't understand this
    - why can't I add users anymore? It worked before...
    - why doesn't he log anything at all?
    - why can't i log in?

can anyone please help me?
    thx in advance

probably the groupware engine is not running. try to turn it on first.

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware

Comment

The groupware was running. At least I started it. Or does the log

Code:
      open-xchange-console.log
      /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware: line 41: exec: -X: invalid option
      mean that the startup failed?

Comment

Yeah sounds like it. I'm not sure what the exec command in the start script is supposed to be doing. Maybe removing the 'exec' in line 41 of /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodis View Post
          Hi,

Code:
          open-xchange-console.log
          Looks like java vm complains about unknown option.

What does java -version on your system say?
          What's the content of /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/ox-scriptconf.sh?
          Looks like java vm complains about unknown option.

What does java -version on your system say?
          What's the content of /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/ox-scriptconf.sh?

Comment

Damn, it was so bloody easy

the only problem was that the java executable was not in the $PATH...

thanks to all of you!!

Comment

same error, but a different resson?

I have the same message like the Topic, and i found this error in mod_jk.log:
              Code:
              [2901:64432] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1794): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
              i use this guide http://wiki.open-xchange.com/wiki/in...e_Installation
              for installation.
              Is the Problem worker.probities or groupware , i have start groupware by tty after login.
              Any Ideas?

Thx 4 any replay

Comment

i get the same error, help would be great

thx alot,
                Eisenkopf

Comment

Hello,

can you post your
                  Code:
                  /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser
                  /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware
                  Scripts?

There is definitely something wrong there, may be some CRLF or something like this at the wrong position

Comment

@neo

thx for replay, i have try to create a user but i have now the error:
                    Code:
                    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
                            at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:113)
                            at com.openexchange.server.DBPool.pickupWriteable(DBPool.java:75)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool.getWRITEConnectionForCONFIGDB(OXAdminPoolDBPool.java:102)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.getWRITEConnectionForCONFIGDB(AdminCache.java:202)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXToolMySQLStorage.selectwithint(OXToolMySQLStorage.java:1135)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXToolMySQLStorage.existsContext(OXToolMySQLStorage.java:137)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.checkExistsContextAndSchemaBeingLocked(OXUser.java:828)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.create(OXUser.java:150)
                            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
                            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
                            at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
                            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:126)
                            at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:179)
                            at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:132)
                            at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.console.user.Create.<init>(Create.java:137)
                            at com.openexchange.admin.console.user.Create.main(Create.java:78)
                    something on java going wrong, is some lib wrong?
                    P.S. If you like you can connect me on icq
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

[quote=c4stro;1678]thx for replay, i have try to create a user but i have now the error:
                      Code:
                      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
                              at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:113)
                              at com.openexchange.server.DBPool.pickupWriteable(DBPool.java:75)
                              at
                      [Quote]

may be there is something wrong with your database config. have a look at the config files especially for the database setup (database name, server and so on)

greetz neo

Comment

Ok, i have complete new installt today an i have chosse the lib from your VMware Image(no errors build with ant 1.7.0) now this error on create db:
                        Code:
                         /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller -f --oxdb-pass=******* --admin-pass=****** --maildomain site
                        initializing database (step 1/2)
                        done
                        Configuring services
                        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
                        setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
                        (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
                        done
                        initializing database (step 2/2)
                        Server response:
                         com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
                        done
                        setting up the system
                        creating certificates
                        configuring ox admin gui
                        configuring mail system
                        using mail.site as FQHN of the mail server
                        done
                        I has setup the Imap Section in chapter V.1.2. and V.1.3.

Here the logs in auth.log
                        Code:
                         xchange saslauthd[5852]: (pam_unix) check pass; user unknown
                        xchange saslauthd[5852]: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=
                        xchange saslauthd[5852]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: User not known to the underlying authentication module
                        xchange saslauthd[5852]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=postmaster] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
                        xchange saslauthd[5853]: (pam_unix) check pass; user unknown
                        xchange saslauthd[5853]: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=
                        xchange saslauthd[5853]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: User not known to the underlying authentication module
                        xchange saslauthd[5853]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=postmaster] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
                        Any Idea?
                        Thx 4 help
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2007, 11:07 PM.

Comment

What about your OXDB_USER_* variable?

Check the wiki about this stuff:

Code:
                          Before you can start the Open-Xchange application you must set up the Open-Xchange database with the tool "oxinstaller". Adjust your MySQL authentification information (OXDB_USER_*) in /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller and execute:

Did you set it up properly?

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
                            What about your OXDB_USER_* variable?

Check the wiki about this stuff:

Code:
                            Before you can start the Open-Xchange application you must set up the Open-Xchange database with the tool "oxinstaller". Adjust your MySQL authentification information (OXDB_USER_*) in /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller and execute:

Did you set it up properly?
                            I´m not sure about this, i check the settings on your vmware image and i thing there nothing changed. I have read this stuff about (OXDB_USER_*), but i dont understand what i have to do . Can you give me an example please.
                            Thx for your Attention.

Comment

could anyone tell me how to create new post on this forum ?
                              the only button i found is the reply one

Comment

Working...
                              X