X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhultay
    Guest replied
    Working

Once I shutdown tomcat (didn't know about the conflict), and once I correctly installed and configured mod_jk, everything works.

There are some minor gui issues, but it's great. I really like this project.

Now on to trying to do multi-domain. :P

Leave a comment:

• ostaquet
    Guest replied
    Install on Ubuntu Feisty

Hello,

I've installed Open Xchange on Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) whitout problems.

I've followed this tutorial (with some "apt-get" adaptation) :

Regards,

Olivier STAQUET

Leave a comment:

• Martin Heiland
    replied
    You MUST not use tomcat and the OX parallel. With Hyperion, we replaced tomcat by using a own servlet container which collides with tomcat. So just shutdown tomcat and check if Port 8009/tcp is reachable - it is provided by the open-xchange daemon.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 06-19-2007, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rhultay
    Guest replied
    Fixed! Kinda...

I deleted all installations and instances of open-xchange source and started from scratch.

I emerged (gentoo) all packages which could accommodate the .jar files required in /opt/open-xchange/lib/, and copied them over. The rest I retrieved via the installation guide's recommendations.

I ran oxinstaller, and SUCCESS!

I can create and delete users and resources, however when I access the gui via www.mydomain.tld, I get '500 Internal Server Error' of which I cannot find any logs related to it.

Here is my httpd.conf addition as per the mod_jk settings:
    Code:
    LoadModule      jk_module       modules/mod_jk.so
    JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/workers.properties
    JkLogFile     /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
    JkLogLevel    error
    JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
    JkRequestLogFormat     "%w %V %T"
    JkMount /ajax/* ajp13_worker
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13_worker
    Here is my workers.properties as per an example, and modified as per the installation guide:
    Code:
    worker.list=ajp13
    worker.ajp13.port=8009
    worker.ajp13.host=localhost
    worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
    worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
    worker.ajp13.cachesize=10
    workers.java_home=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/
    Tomcat5 is installed and running (with no modifications, I saw none to perform) and apache is loading the open-xchange-gui login page successfully. It's when I try to login as oxadmin, or any other user that I get '500 Internal Server Error'

Leave a comment:

• rhultay
    Guest replied
    Attempted fixing build.xlm

I tried what you suggested, and it compiled nicely. I also ran 'ant install' and it copied the necessary files over to /opt/open-xchange

I still get this message in /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:545)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:140)
    at com.openexchange.database.ConnectionPool$Connectio nLifecycle.create(ConnectionPool.java:190)
    at com.openexchange.database.ConnectionPool$Connectio nLifecycle.create(ConnectionPool.java:137)
    at com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool.get(Ree ntrantLockPool.java:373)
    ... 24 more

I am using JDBC-MySQL v3.1.13-r5 and Sun JDK 1.5.0.11

This is getting confusing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• kwelong
    Guest replied
    Hi guys,
    I have just tested it on Gentoo too, and managed to get it up after 2 weeks.

I noticed 1 of the admin-plugin build.xml misses to define the MySQL connector jar. Here is how I do it:

# emerge jdbc-mysql
    # cp /usr/share/jdbc-mysql/lib/jdbc-mysql.jar /opt/open-xchange/lib

Then I add the missing jar definition into the build.xml
    # vi /tmp/open-xchange-admin-plugin-context_light/build.xml:
    <pathelement location="${lib.dir}/jdbc-mysql.jar"/>

Recompile the open-xchange-admin and the mysql connector class not found error is gone.

Leave a comment:

• amishmunshi
    Guest replied
    I had the same problem, I had to execute oxinstaller again with -f.

Leave a comment:

• rhultay
    Guest replied
    open-xchange-admin.log.0

I noticed in my logs:

Jun 15, 2007 1:43:43 AM com.openexchange.database.Database back
    SEVERE: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=308115491-11
    DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=308115491-11
    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.ja va:120)
    at com.openexchange.database.Server.loadServerId(Serv er.java:135)
    at com.openexchange.database.Server.getServerId(Serve r.java:97)
    at com.openexchange.database.AssignmentStorage.getAss ignment(AssignmentStorage.java:127)
    at com.openexchange.database.Database.resolvePool(Dat abase.java:86)
    at com.openexchange.database.Database.back(Database.j ava:228)
    at com.openexchange.database.Database.back(Database.j ava:214)
    at com.openexchange.server.DBPool.push(DBPool.java:88 )
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminP oolDBPool.pushOXDBRead(OXAdminPoolDBPool.java:168)
    at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.pushOXDBRe ad(AdminCache.java:194)
    at com.openexchange.admin.auth.MySQLAuthenticationImp l.authenticate(MySQLAuthenticationImpl.java:143)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.BasicAuthenticator.doAu thentication(BasicAuthenticator.java:106)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXMailServerImpl.w riteConfig(OXMailServerImpl.java:237)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: com.openexchange.pooling.PoolingException: Cannot create pooled object.
    at com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool.get(Ree ntrantLockPool.java:381)
    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.ja va:118)
    ... 23 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:545)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:140)
    at com.openexchange.database.ConnectionPool$Connectio nLifecycle.create(ConnectionPool.java:190)
    at com.openexchange.database.ConnectionPool$Connectio nLifecycle.create(ConnectionPool.java:137)
    at com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool.get(Ree ntrantLockPool.java:373)
    ... 24 more

This tastes like a Java + JDBC issue.
    I have mysql-connector-java.3.1.13-bin.jar in /opt/open-xchange/lib downloaded direct from MySQL.org

I also installed jdbc-mysql in Gentoo via emerge, and it is also 3.1.13.

So now I *know* it's a Java related issue. Speaking of which, I am using Sun JDK 1.5.0.11

Leave a comment:

• rhultay
    Guest replied
    Same Issue

I am using a fresh Gentoo install, and have the *exact* same issue. Almost down to the letter.

I don't know what the problem is, I have tried modifying oxinstaller, I have tried modifying configdb.whatever in both groupware and some other folder, and to no avail.

I have tested MySQL at length, and just can't figure this out.

Leave a comment:

• Sneeper
    Guest started a topic OXInstaller continues to fail on Ubuntu 7.04

OXInstaller continues to fail on Ubuntu 7.04

I've tried uninstalling Java5 and installing Java6 and runing ALL the steps again down to the dreaded Oxinstaller step ... I have even (using Synaptic) reinstalled MySQL.

But the oxinstaller still fails to connect to ConfigDB !!!!! :0(

root@ubuntu:/tmp/open-xchange-admin# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=******** --admin-pass=******** --maildomain localhost
    initializing database (step 1/2)
    done
    Configuring services
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
    (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
    Server response:
    OXAdminCore
    admindaemon startup still in progress, waiting...
    done
    initializing database (step 2/2)
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=-736729138-2
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=-736729138-4
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=-736729138-6
    done
    setting up the system
    creating certificates
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=-736729138-8
    chmod: cannot access `/etc/ssl/certs/eecert.pem': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access `/etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem': No such file or directory
    chgrp: cannot access `/etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem': No such file or directory
    configuring ox admin gui
    configuring mail system
    using mail.localhost as FQHN of the mail server
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=-736729138-10
    done

What bothers me is that in MySQL you can see the database "configdb", but the error message shows "config DB" ? Is this a bug in the script?

Short of re-installing the entire OS and starting completely over again, what can I try to get past this problem?????
Working...
X