Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open XChange on my Root-Server Installation & Licenses

Hello,

im new in this forum and hope i get some answers for my questions. In case my english is not the best... forgive me. Iḿ just a german ;-)

Since few days i have a Root-Server based on Devian/Lenny & Confixx.
    On this i want to install OpenXChange for my own use. Not for sale. In future my Thunderbird sould connect to it, also my iPhone.

First question:
    I think a free Version for me is available. Is also a free Version for my iPhone existing?

Second question:
    Having some problems with installing & configaration. I followed the Open-Xchange Server 6 on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 guide.
    The first install point is mysql-server? I can leave it because mysql runs on the server or?
    I installed it however and got the message, that the mysql-server is stopped. I started it again and my Joomla Installtions runs again.
    But in the following initialising the configdb-database as described, i got the error, that root@localhast is not allowed...
    What i must do on a existing mysql server? Are better Tutorials available? In server-technology iḿ new and know ... nothing.
    On linux & terminals iḿ trusted becaus i use Kubuntu on a local machine.

Greets
    5ky

PS. I completed now the tutorial and all seems to run. Nor errors and all steps where successfully. Now i should connect with a webbrowser to my server. But what URL i must type in? confixx is for example... confixx.user.blablabla.de
    But what is OX?
    Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2009, 05:41 PM.

Hi,

there is no free version of the synchronization plugin for iPhone or other Active Sync devices available. The plugin contains an implementation of a micrsoft protocol which must not be public.
    If you already have a database working, you might use that one. There is no need to install the mysql-server package twice.
    The issue with the database access is caused by the fact that the tool "initconfigdb" does not work correctly if the mysql root user has a password. This is also mentioned at the installation guide. You might either drop the password for mysql "root" user temporarily (while running this tool), or create a database user "openexchange" manually.
    The URL you need to navigate to depends on the system configuration. The Open-Xchange user interface will typically install to /var/www/ox6.
    Open-Xchange Server does not use the confixx user management. You need to maintain those users separately at the database. See the "Creating contexts and users" part of the guide.

Greetings

Comment

Hello Martin Braun, (sounds german???)

thank you for thes detaild informations. You helped me very much.
      Where i got this free Synchronisation Plugin? . . . oh . . . you wrote a . . . NO

Greez

5ky
      Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X