Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX Webmail issue

Hello,

Im currently testing OX on a centOS 7 machine while using cPanel as a backend.

I have an issue with all newly created users where OX webmail does not show emails (displays "empty") when the inbox is accurately not empty.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Unfortunately that is not really sufficient information.
    You might want to recheck your imap access settings as well as any middleware logfiles und /var/log/open-xchange for more information.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

What I've noticed is when I create a new user and send to it 2 emails, the issue gets resolved.

And the same thing for my sent folder. they start appearing just after i send 2 emails.

The only error message i find in /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0 is :

Probe of IMAP server host on behalf of user@domain.com for root subfolder capability with mbox name <code> failed ("NO Client tried to access nonexistent namespace. (Mailbox name should probably be prefixed with: INBOX.) (0.001 + 0.000 secs)."). Thus assuming no root subfolder capability

Can you please help me with this issue?

Comment

I do not understand. You are saying that the mailbox has mails but they are not shown. At the same time when you create a new mailbox and send 2 mails to it it works fine.
        Creating a mailbox and sending mails to it has nothing to do with OX.
        You can also check the logs of your IMAP server for any hints but so far it does not sound OX related. Unless your cpanel is using a very weird IMAP server which does not play well with OX.

Comment

"You are saying that the mailbox has mails but they are not shown. At the same time when you create a new mailbox and send 2 mails to it it works fine."

Yes this is exactly my issue, the first received and sent email are not shown at OX webmail. When I check cPanel, I find them their.

However, if I send 2 emails from OX, the sent folder start working . And the same thing happens for the inbox.

I have tried multiple contexts and user, and the same issue persists for all new users. I have also reinstalled OX (on centos7), and the issue persists.

The cPanel server is using standard dovecot installation.

Screenshots attached.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

To me this does not make sense.
            But anyhow the next thing I would do is to check IMAP protocol communication between OX and Dovecot via https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual...ugging_rawlog/
            As OX is behaving like a normal IMAP client you would see multiple connections opened and could trace what OX asks for and what Dovecot returns.
            I never have seen Dovecot returning mails which are then not shown in OX. I assume you have reloaded the UI via the data reload button on the top bar because otherwise OX only refreshes the contents every 5 minutes?

Comment

Working...
            X