• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems printing emails

hi,
    here we have some trouble with printing:

GUI Version: 6.8.0-6802
    Server Version: 6.8.0-6802

1) print an email with attachements does not show any hint about attachements on the output paper - only email text is visible. in OX5 (and other clients) i get a list of available attachements

2) after opening an email in detail view print link is disabled. Thats bad if attached emails should be printed (forwarded as attachement). Printing from the v-split/h-split/list view is allowed (link print available)

Are there any parameter to influence this behavior?

NO idea

Hallo,
    is this a known error - possible fixed with upcomming SP6? At the moment this is a show stopper.
    regards

Comment

Hi,

those are known issues but we are aware of them. I just can't give you a information when this will be fixed since we did finished planing on SP6. I'll add those issues as bug reports and hopefully they'll find their way into the release but no promise.

Greetings

Comment

Martin, thank you for the answer. I hope this bad behavior will be fixed soon - hopefully SP6.

Nevertheless, I know, that OX6 made big steps forward the last few months. Congratulation for this groupware solution.

Horst

Comment

Hi Horst,

printing E-Mail attachment data has just been implemented like it is done in Thunderbird. Printing of a attached E-Mail is already a known issue but we're on it.

Greetings

Comment

hi Martin,

okay, there is no solution for this problem in the newest SP5-update1 - please don't forgett this issue - nevertheless, the new SP5-U1 brings some nice features ;-)

regards
            Horst

Comment

Hi,

please clear your browser cache and try again.

Greetings

Comment

Hello Martin,
                again, i did but it was not helpful.
                regards
                Horst

Comment

Hello Martin,

okay, it works for emails opened in detail view now - but for attached emails, after opening the attached email in detail view) it is not working.

best regards
                  Horst

Comment

Hi,

yes we know that it only works for detail view of E-Mails. Since we think that's the most common use for printing we started implementing it for this view first. There's already a request for adding the attachments to the print of attached messages.

Greetings

Comment

Ok, I enabled the print option when opening an attached message so you can print it as well. Available in the current CVS HEAD.

Comment

Hi Stefan,
                        can i enable this also in our environement - we use the OE Server Edtion with latest updates? Or is it only possible with the next SP? I try to use stable versions only.

regards
                        horst

Comment

Hi Horst,

"CVS HEAD" means the most bleeding-edge version of the code which is used for development. If you want to stick by the stable versions (and i recommend to do so) you'll need to wait till the next official update. The HEAD code is available at the snapshot packages but we really don't want anybody to use those releases in production.

Greetings

Comment

hi martin,
                            thank you. I will wait for next SP.
                            regards

Comment

Working...
                            X