• Show
Clear All

• OX 6.12.0 Rev3 - Sieve has no script list

Hi !!

I'm installing a new server with the last versions :
    • Dovecot 1.1.19 with Sieve and Managesieve
    • OX 6.12.0 Rev3
    • Debian Lenny x64

But I have a problem with the filters, I have this error message in the GUI :
    Code:
    Error while communicating with the sieve server localhost at port 2000 for user test in context 3 (MAIL_FILTER-0015, 1738196118-78)
    In the logs, I have this message:
    Code:
    Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.exceptions.OXSieveHandlerException: Sieve has no script list 
            at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.getActiveScript(SieveHandler.java:469) 
            at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:262) 
            ... 16 more
    May you help me please ?

Thanks !

Hi,

thanks for the report. We have had some issues with non-conform behavior of dovecot managesieve lately and added some workarounds with the upcoming release 6.14. Could you please post the whole stacktrace so i can check if this specific one has already been fixed?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello

I solve the first problem by modifying the file: /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/mailfilter.properties

But now I got this error message :

Code:
      Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
              at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.substring(AbstractStringBuilder.java:886)
              at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.getScript(SieveHandler.java:390)
              at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:262)
              ... 16 more
      doing a quick search on Google finds this:

http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/sh...ad.php?p=14738

If this is a bug, is it solved?

Comment

Yes, thats the issue you're talking about. It has been fixed with the latest HEAD/snapshot packages and will be fixed with the next stable release 6.14.

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Ok here's the full error message:

Code:
          Sep 29, 2009 10:15:56 AM com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet doGet
          SEVERE: MAIL_FILTER-0015 Category=8 Message=Error while communicating with the sieve server localhost at port 2000 for user test in context 3 exceptionID=-542399392-14
          MAIL_FILTER-0015 Category=8 Message=Error while communicating with the sieve server localhost at port 2000 for user test in context 3 exceptionID=-542399392-14
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:277)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:97)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractAction.action(AbstractAction.java:97)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doGet(AJAXServlet.java:191)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:596)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:433)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:128)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:286)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.createResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:189)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.run(AJPv13Task.java:281)
                  at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
          Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.exceptions.OXSieveHandlerException: Sieve has no script list
                  at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.getActiveScript(SieveHandler.java:469)
                  ... 16 more
          But it seems to be solved editing the file : /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/mailfilter.properties with the option :
          Code:
          SIEVE_CREDSRC=imapLogin
          Now i got this :
          Code:
          30 sept. 2009 16:20:05 com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet doGet
          GRAVE: MAIL_FILTER-0001 Category=8 Message=String index out of range: -2 exceptionID=534105409-12
          MAIL_FILTER-0001 Category=8 Message=String index out of range: -2 exceptionID=534105409-12
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:292)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.MailfilterAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:97)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractAction.action(AbstractAction.java:97)
                  at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doGet(AJAXServlet.java:191)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:596)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:433)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:128)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:286)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.createResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:189)
                  at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.run(AJPv13Task.java:281)
                  at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
          Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
                  at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.substring(AbstractStringBuilder.java:886)
                  at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.getScript(SieveHandler.java:390)
                  ... 16 more

Comment

Ok, thanks for your answer...

So, the action to solve this is install an oldest version of Dovecot and Sieve ?

Comment

I just try it with Dovecot 1.1.14 and I get the same results ...

There are some way to downgrade OX in Debian Lenny ?

Comment

Hi,

the latest version i used was 1.0.x, we're not exactly sure what dovecot/managesieve version introduced this issue. For me, this seems not to be related to dovecot but to the managesieve plugin. If you have a ox maintenance subscription you should contact to support to get a hotfix.

Greetings

Comment

Hi again, and thanks for your answers.

I try installing older versions (February 2008) of dovecot, sieve and managesieve but the problem persists, I think the immediate solution to this problem is to degrade the OX version 6.8 which works very well.

The problem I find for this is that you updated the Debian repositories with the current version of OX.

Is there any way to install the previous version?

Unfortunately I do not have an maintenance account, how may I got one ?

Comment

Hi,

you might use the current snapshot release (if this is not a critical productive machine) - just give it a try.
                    Downgrading is possible in general but not really advised. We keep all Versions at our mirrors, you might check out http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/SP5/ for 6.8
                    A maintenance account can be obtained when buying the Server, Hosting or Appliance Edition - or a separate support contract.

Greetings

Comment

Hello again and apologies for the number of questions, but I have another problem trying to install an older version of OX...

This is what I did:

I added this line in my sources.list
                      Code:
                      deb http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/SP5/DebianEtch/ /
                      Then I did the typical apt-get upgrade and it can't solve some dependencies :

Code:
                      E: Impossible de trouver le paquet open-xchange-admin-lib
                      Can you help me with this ?

Tahnks !

Comment

Hi,

older releases might not contain all packages that are available with 6.12. Just skip packages that cannot be found.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                        X