Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OXLDAPsync error during synchronization

Hi,

I'm facing a problem regarding the LDAP synchronization for one of our Open-Xchange server who tries to synchronize with a Windows 2008 R2 Domain Controller. When running the perl script with the following syntax, we get an error message :

# /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/oxldapsync.pl -c 1 -f /opt/oxldapsync/etc/ldapsync-ads.conf -A oxadmin -P password -v -s
    Error on search: : 00002040: SvcErr: DSID-031401E7, problem 5010 (UNAVAIL_EXTENSION), data 0
    Error on search: : 00002040: SvcErr: DSID-031401E7, problem 5010 (UNAVAIL_EXTENSION), data 0
    at /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/../lib/OX/LDAPConnector/ads.pm line 105

I searched this forum for an answer but to no avail. I found the following Microsoft KB which seems to match my issue but I would like your opinion on this matter :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977180

Thanks in advance.

This post here on the bottom suggests to replace modifyTimestamp with whenChanged in searches:
    Find it on Q&A — the home for technical questions and answers at Microsoft. New to Q&A? See our get started article below.

I don't know if that's going to work, but you could try. Just replace modifyTimestamp with whenChanged in

Code:
    /opt/oxldapsync/lib/OX/User/Helper.pm:86:		    my $entrytime = $entry->get_value("modifyTimestamp");
    /opt/oxldapsync/lib/OX/LDAPConnector/ads.pm:102:		attrs => ['*', 'modifyTimestamp' ]

Comment

Has anybody found a solution that fixes this problem? One of our customers has recently upgraded is DCs to 2008R2 (from 2003, with which LDAPsync worked flawlessly) and is suffering from this problem ... we have not yet advised them to install the hotfix, not sure whether that would fix this ...

Comment

Edit: Doing some further debugging turns out that the search-call does not fail immediately, but fails when querying a group.

Code:
        Basedn:ou=LKBenutzer,dc=customerdc,dc=local
        Filter:(objectClass=group)
        Control:Net::LDAP::Control::Paged=HASH(0x2323aa8)
        Scope:sub
        I noticed that an earlier search for a sub-ou of this finished without crashing:

Code:
        Basedn:OU=Email-System-Gruppen,ou=LKGruppen,dc=customerdc,dc=local
        Checking with the same basedn and filter on ldapsearch (which does not seem to fail) resulted in one group found for the crashing version, while no entries were returned for the none-crashing version ...

In order to attempt to fix this problem at least temporarily, I overwrote the basedn with the none-crashing version in case the "crashing" parameters were found, resulting in the ldapsync apparently working ...

Comment

Good tutorials,I think this is good way for learning.Thanks for sharing information,your information increase my knowledge.
          KSDB

Comment

Working...
          X