Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX 7.10: Dropdown Menu

Hi,

I recently upgraded to OX 7.10 and really like the new design and especially the new features!
    There is only one change, I don't like that much: The dropdown menu to switch e.g. between mail, calendar, etc.. For mobile devices, this is defenitely a good choice, but on desktop PCs, I find it annoying to first click to open the menu and after that on the respective icon.
    Is there some setting / ... that disables the dropdown menu and directly displays the icons from the menu in the upper menu bar? (as it has been in 7.8)

Thanks in advance!
    Andreas

The dropdown cannot be disabled but it is possible to add up to three predefined quick launchers which can then be optionally reconfigured from a user.

For example the property:
    io.ox/core//apps/quickLaunchCount=3
    io.ox/core//apps/quickLaunch=io.ox/mail/main,io.ox/calendar/main,io.ox/files/main
    (under etc/settings) will configure three quick launchers (mail, calendar, drive).

To make this configuration available for a user to modify there must be an entry under etc/meta:
    io.ox/core//apps/quickLaunch:
    protected: false

Comment

Too bad the menu can not be changed to a list ... but the quicklaunch is a great workaround (although a fourth entry would have been great ).

Is there some documentation for the settings you gave me - and potentially for more / other configuration options?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I believe the above settings are not documented at this point in time. Most likely by accident.

UI documentation is here:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
          The dropdown cannot be disabled but it is possible to add up to three predefined quick launchers which can then be optionally reconfigured from a user.

For example the property:
          io.ox/core//apps/quickLaunch=io.ox/mail/main,io.ox/calendar/main,io.ox/files/main
          (under etc/settings) will configure three quick launchers (mail, calendar, drive).

To make this configuration available for a user to modify there must be an entry under etc/meta:
          Any chance you can share which files are needed to be edited and what needs to be in them? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where to put those values and how to write them

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by martimarkov View Post
            Any chance you can share which files are needed to be edited and what needs to be in them? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where to put those values and how to write them
            # -------------------- QuikLaunch APP Suite enable----------------------
            1. vi /opt/open-xchange/etc/settings/appsuite.properties
            -------------------------------------
            # enable quickLaunch APPS max 3
            --------------------------------------

2. vi /opt/open-xchange/etc/meta/appsuite.yaml
            ---------------------------------------
            # for quickLaunch
            ----------------------------------------
            3. systemctl restart open-xchange

Gruß Johann

Comment

Thanks!!!

As a separate question: Is there a hard limit (3) for the quickLaunch Apps or is that just the value you chose?

Comment

3 is a hard limit. Less should be possible.

Comment

Menue - more then less, please

Hi,

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
                  3 is a hard limit. Less should be possible.
                  And more would be nicer

That's one of the major replies of users we have with 7.10 feature requests: PC or MAC users have large screens and prefer less klicks to view all available modules at once.

HTH
                  Ursula

Comment

Hi johann8,

Thats a huge help for me too.
                    There is no sample tutorial for setting up such a properties like this.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X