• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bittorrent available :-)

:-)
    For additional info http://www.zion-control.org:6969/

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post

when you make a new thread with all information about the image i gonna make it sticky. then can everybody see this info in the first posting and you can easily update it.

Comment

hmm, neo. we can make something different. you made the second post in this thread. can you put the info about this vmware image in that posting? then we can make this thread sticky.

Comment

Neither my first posting nor my posting with the first link can be edited by me.

So we should start a new thread about this topic?

Comment

ok! but you should be able to edid yout own posting hmmm

Comment

AFAIK Virtual Appliances for one or various distributions are planned to be distributed via Open-Xchange to make life easier for you

I myself will build a Appliance working with Debian Etch this week for my own requirements. If this Appliance is reviewed by QA and documentation is finished I'm looking forward to make this and perhaps the Ubuntu-Appliance to an official VirtualAppliance on VMNT.

Note that it could take some, during my testings on weekend I recognized some differences between Ubuntu and Debian Etch and I won't distribute stuff that isn't full working.

If you have any ideas / requirements regarding VirtualAppliances feel free to post it here - communitys output is a part of our input

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Pahne View Post
                ok! but you should be able to edid yout own posting hmmm
                I thought this as well but I edited one posting two days ago.
                Now I can edit all posting after this posting excluding which I edited already.

new thread created

Comment

great work neo. new thread is sticky.

Comment

An Ubuntu Appliance would be great Daniel :-)

Thanks a lot !

Cheers -

Oli

Comment

Originally posted by ohaeuser View Post
                      An Ubuntu Appliance would be great Daniel :-)
                      Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS Virtual Appliance will be finished until next week.

Daniel

Comment

Do you think that we can coordinate our work and setup the same system?

e.g. maildomain, preinstalled user and resources and skins and so on?

So it is better for all the guys to have a look at one ore working system with the same setup but different distribution?

Comment

Good idea - full ACK.

We should use a domain this is suggested to use for testing purposes as "Reserved Example Second Level Domain Names" in RFC 2606: http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=2606

My suggestions:
                          • root-passwd: secret
                          • domain example.com
                          • hostname: etch-xchange-ce, dapper-xchange-ce ($distribution-xchange-$edition)
                          • networking: DHCP
                          • openexchange-password: secret
                          • oxadmin password: secret
                          • mysql-root-password: not set
                          • user : password: sally.sales:sally!, sean.sales:sean!, marry.marketing:marry, manuel,marketing:manuel!, robert.ressource:robert!
                          • groups: sales(sally.sales, sean.sales), marketing(marry.marketing, manuel,marketing)
                          • ressources: beamer, conference-room

create-user example:
                          Code:
                          /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret \
                           --username sally.sales --displayname "Sally Sales"\ 
                           --password sally! --email sally.sales@example.com --givenname Sally\ 
                           --surname Sales --language en_US --timezone Europe/London \ 
                          --department Sales --company "Open-Xchange Demo"
                          create-ressource example:
                          Code:
                          /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createresource -A oxadmin -P secret \
                           --name beamer\  --displayname "Beamer" \
                          --email robert.ressource@example.com --available true \
                            --description "Beamer with 1280x1024 resolution"
                          Hope this is all the stuff, anything else?
                          Will create a wiki entry which describes all this next week...

Daniel

Comment

Well, when you use "!" in the command line without the single quotes around the parameter I think it will fail. ;-)

I'll check the VM this evening and provide a new one.

For the User:
                            Is it ok to have a little CSV file which is the input for a little script that creates the user,groups and mailbox?

So everyone can perform a massupdate

The build-number should be in the filename also, what do you think?
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM. Reason: Buildnumber in filename

Comment

Well, when you use "!" in the command line without the single quotes around the parameter I think it will fail. ;-)

I'll check the VM this evening and provide a new one.
                              Really nice

For the User:
                              Is it ok to have a little CSV file which is the input for a little script that creates the user,groups and mailbox?
                              Nice improvement but at the moment the server-team is improving the commandline-tools so my suggestion is to wait with scripting until friday. I'm not sure if something changes...

The build-number should be in the filename also, what do you think?
                              Suggestion for filename:
                              open-xchange_community-edition_build-$buildnumber_date.zip

Daniel

Comment

Sounds great :-)

Can't wait to take the image for a spin.

Cheers -

Oli

Comment

Working...
                                X