Open-Xchange Community Edition Installer released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

the installer only uses the mysql root account to initialize the database, it does not set or change another password for the root account, all the database access for OX is done by the "openexchange" database user. The installer only works if no mysql root password is set - well, does a simple "mysql" as system user "root" work?

Greetings

Comment

root is there, but I can change its password using either safe mode or I'll try to use the openexchange user.. thanks for the quick answer.. I just did not want to kill the root password and have it destroy the email server..

also great work on the script.. It would be nice if the server version could install the same way, so I would not have to try and shoe horn, our VSP only offers centos or fedora for Red hat types under xen, so I have to create the admin version on vmware then tar it up and place it over centOS just retaining the xen modules...

Comment

Hey Guys. I am brand new to Open-Xchange and having some difficulty with the Community Installer.

The process goes until I get the following issue close to the end -

initializing database (step 1/2)
        done
        Configuring services
        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
        setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
        setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
        setting AUTO_TO_LOWERCASE_UID in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
        (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
        done
        initializing database (step 2/2)
        user in context 1 could not be created:
        Server response:
        com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
        nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        done
        setting up the system
        creating certificates
        certificate created
        configuring mail system
        using mail.rdsolutions-jm.com as FQHN of the mail server
        done

Creating startup scripts... done.

Creating Groupware user... user in context 1 could not be created:
        Server response:
        com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
        nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        Restarting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
        Restarting Open-Xchange Groupware Daemon: No process in pidfile `/var/run/open-xchange-groupware.pid' found running; none killed.
        open-xchange-groupware.

I'm using Debian Etch and installing as root.

Any ideas
        Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

Has no one else had the problem I raised above. All ideas are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesage View Post
            Hey guys,

Has no one else had the problem I raised above. All ideas are welcome.
            I have a similar problem, and I haven't figured it out yet. At the end of the script it is setting up accounts I guess, and I get a couple Authentication Failures that also show up when i log into the oxadmin account via the browser. Any ideas? A few pages back there was a fix for permission issues, but that didn't fix it...
            Here is the output. (Fresh install of Debian Etch.. no X, just base install)
            Code:
            initializing database (step 2/2)
            user in context 1 could not be created:
            Server response:
             com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
            done
            setting up the system
            creating certificates
            certificate created
            configuring mail system
            using {YEAH RIGHT} as FQHN of the mail server
            done

Creating startup scripts... done.

Creating Groupware user... user in context 1 could not be created:
            Server response:
             com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
            Restarting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
            Restarting Open-Xchange Groupware Daemon: open-xchange-groupware.
            ox1:~#
            EDIT:
            I looked at /var/log/auth.log and it said:
            Code:
            Feb  6 21:13:47 ox1 saslauthd[4055]: pam_mysql - required option "db" is not set
            Feb  6 21:13:47 ox1 saslauthd[4055]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: Permission denied
            Feb  6 21:13:47 ox1 saslauthd[4055]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=postmaster] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
            maybe that can shed some light...
            Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2008, 12:38 AM. Reason: Adding stuff to it

Comment

I attempted some comments on this issue here...
              http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/sh...newpost&t=1095

Comment

status of the admin gui

Hi,

Martin has posted 4 week ago that there are defects in the admin-gui. Are there any news? I tried to find news on the CVS with cvs -dserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/cvsroot history -report -xM -a but got the answer "No records selected." This confuses me because there should be at least some modifications. With cvs -dserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/cvsroot history -report -xO -a I get a lot of records but these only show the checkouts. How can I list the modifications of the repository? Thank you all.

Comment

Hi all,

this issue with open-xchange-admin-gui-ee has been fixed by adding three new repositories to the public CVS server, the installation manual page at the wiki and the debian/ubuntu installers have been updated accordingly.

Please note the additional repositories and installation steps provided at the wiki:

Greetings
                  Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-29-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

and what about the Suse installers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiona View Post
                      and what about the Suse installers?
                      Good idea - feel free to fix it

Thanks,
                      Daniel

Comment

• The OpenSUSE 10.3 installer will be ready in a few hours.

(Funambol will added as well, it takes some time to test that as well.)

Comment

• Okay, a new version (0.2.3) of the OpenSUSE 10.3 installer is released.

A few side notes:
                          - The repositories are changed as described in the wiki by Martin, but the 404 error in the admin interface still exists. (That sucks.)
                          - Funambol is added, but there is no decent start/stop script yet. You can start and stop funambol like the wiki describes. I will work on this.

Comment

• Well, i don't know why the 404 still happens - if you try the debian installer script it works.

Comment

• not sure if it has something to do with that, i played last week with the old Suse installer, but had to abort the script because i ran out of time.

but i notet a problem with httppasswd: There was sort of an error. Sorry, i did it in vmware and don't have over the logs..

Comment

• Hm, Fiona, I haven't herad of a problem with that. If somebody else run into such a problem, please let me know.
                                For now the 404 error is gone since a reboot.

Comment

Working...
                                X