Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 404

Hi,
    also with the new install script I get the 404 error for the admin-gui. Reboot doesn't help.
    Regards
    Thomas

Comment

• Thank you very much

Thank you very much for all your hard work on this project. I have been looking for a GPL xchange replacement for ages and your installation script has lifted a huge weight from my mind.

Thank you very, very much for all your time and effort with developing AND supporting this script.

I can not emphasize how thankful i am!!!

Regards,

Trent

Comment

• Open-Xchange installation wiki

Hello, i am here new. I successfully finished installation OX with help "Open-Xchange installation wiki" on Debian Etch. Thanks for this "step by step" manual.
        But i found little error. Please edit section "Cyrus IMAP Server Installation" and add "libsasl2-modules" package to "apt-get ...". This package is not installed automatically and contains PLAIN authentication module used by OX.
        Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

• mailfilters still missing !?

Some packages are still missing in the installer ?
          Still missing clamav, spamassassin, amavis ...

Is it possible to put them into the apt-get - part of the installer-script?
          Or better install them after running the installer ?

Comment

• Of course it is possible to add and configure packages after using the installer.

Comment

• Do we know what extra steps would need to be taken to get Clam and spamassassin to work? I am guessing that there is more than just going into deselect and picking them out.

Comment

• Hi there,

yesterday Cannonical released the latest LTS version of their Ubuntu Linux distribution. Today i'd like to announce the Open-Xchange Community Edition installer for Ubuntu 8.04, it has been tested on the Ubuntu 8.04 Server Edition but should also work well with the Desktop edition. If you find any issues related to the installer script, please do not hesitate to report them, thanks!

As always, you can grab the installer here: http://213.239.220.146/~mbraun/ox/

Martin

Comment

• Hi Martin,

thank you for updating that great installer to ubuntu 8.04. It seems to work fine, but there are some (i hope) minor errors:

- apt fails while installing mysql-server-5.0, but mysql seems to run fine
                  - /var/log/syslog: Apr 29 10:59:14 hpahl postfix/cleanup[6906]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
                  - when booting, or starting the open-xchange daemons manually, there is an error:
                  Open-Xchange Groupware Daemon: /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/oxfunctions.sh missing, exiting (this seems to me to be the most important error, since OX won't run without this.)

maybe this will help.

Hendrik

Comment

• HI Hendrik,

those errors sound very severe, it seems that the ox database could not be created - did you set a password for the mysql root user? The installer currently cannot handle this, to have a successful installation it's mandatory to leave the mysql root passwort empty until the installation is completed.

Greetings

Comment

• Hi Martin,

wow, that answer was fast. And Yes, i set a password for the root user - for security reasons. will this be fixed soon?

Comment

• Well, the empty root password is only used for installation, afterwards it'll not be required and you should set it for security reasons. There is already a bugreport for this issue.

Comment

• okay, leaving the password empty went well so far. but: the file /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/oxfunctions.sh is still mssing...

Comment

• self-reply:

sorry, my fault. i was about to use the HEAD-branch, compiling the stable branch works fine!

Comment

• Hi all !

After installing with the script I encountered some issue with the Inbox. The owner user couldn't manage his own Inbox folder rights...

The script modification would be to position altnamespace to "no" in the imapd.conf to resolve this, as it is on "yes" after the installation...

For more informations, please see this thread :
                              http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351

Tibo

Comment

• Hi there !

Another improvement (I think), would be to automatically install (via the script) the following packages :
                                amavisd-new (needed by amavis)
                                fetchmail

And do the following :
                                • modify the value "chomp($myhostname = `hostname -fqdn`);" from the file "/etc/amavis/conf.d/05-node_id" by the desired domain name entered at the beginning of the script. This is to enable amavis, cause "hostname -fqdn" doesn't return any value when amavis tries to start, and forces the process to stop...
                                  Code:
                                  chomp($myhostname = `hostname -fqdn`);
                                  to
                                  chomp($myhostname = 'domain.com');
                                • Modify the file "/etc/default/fetchmail" to put START_DAEMON value on YES (START_DAEMON=yes). Since end-user doesn't use fetchmail, it has no impact on the server, even if it is installed...
                                  Code:
                                  START_DAEMON=no
                                  to
                                  START_DAEMON=yes
                                • Create the file "/var/log/fetchmail.log" and apply good rights on it (I put 777 to avoid any problem). If the file doesn't exsit and if fetchmail can't access it, it won't start...
                                  Code:
                                  touch /var/log/fetchmail.log
                                  chmod 777 /var/log/fetchmail.log
                                • Modify the file "/etc/postfix/ox_domains.cf" to have "query = SELECT domainName FROM mail_domains WHERE cid=1 AND domainName="%s";" instead of "query = SELECT restriction FROM mail_domains WHERE cid=1 AND domainName="%s";" because the last command returns "permit" instead of a valid domain, and this causes postfix to never receive any email...
                                  Code:
                                  query = SELECT restriction FROM mail_domains WHERE cid=1 AND domainName="%s";
                                  to
                                  query = SELECT domainName FROM mail_domains WHERE cid=1 AND domainName="%s";

Let me know if I'm not clear, I'm not really fluent in english

Tibo

Comment

Working...
                                X