• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cvs problem

Hello,
    I have this error while trying to install ox using the comunity installer

and

CVS checkout required Open-Xchange repositories...
    + open-xchange ...cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
    done.
    + open-xchange-admin ...cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
    done.
    + open-xchange-admin-console-ee ...cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
    done.
    + open-xchange-admin-plugin-imap ...cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
    done.
    + open-xchange-admin-plugin-mail ...cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
    done.

etc...
    Please any one can help?

Comment

• Mh, this seems to be a network issue, if you're behind a firewall please make sure port 2401/tcp is open to establish a connection via the pserver protocol.

Greetings

Comment

• Problem solved, i didnt do anything seems that my internet connection have some problem.
        Thank you)

Comment

• Hi, is it possible to port your script to centos 5.x? would you give us some guidance?

Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

• Hi Andres,

i've already tried to port that script to CentOS, RHEL and Fedora. Some parts are quite easy to port, but other critical stuff is too complicated. For example the required build utilities which are available on debian/suse are not available on CentOS, the Java Runtime and Development Kit seems to be only available through a special repository (jpackage or something). The startup scripts are also not compatible as far as i figured out.
            For short - building a installer script based on CVS sources would require huge maintenance and would still not be such easy for the administrator like the current debian/suse scripts.

It has not yet been announced officially, but in near future Open-Xchange will provide a much more convenient and natural way to get the software up & running on different platforms than the debian one. So any effort in a port of the installer script would be obsolete shortly. Stay tuned!

Greetings
            Martin

Comment

• I installed OX with the installer on debian, works great so far. However, there's the problem that spamd isn't configured for use with OX's virtual users. Does anyone have a working spamd configuration for that?

Comment

• Hi together,

today it has been officially announced so i'd like to point it out in this installer thread. Open-Xchange does now offer installation packages for multiple operating system platforms freely available. Those packages contain the full functionality of the Open-Xchange Server 6. Some features of the Express Edition are currently not contained yet, such as the Admin GUI or automatic user creation at different services. Please note that the packages available are currently in beta status, the version available by the installer (6.4) is still the stable one.
                • Debian 4.0
                • Ubuntu 6.06
                • Ubuntu 7.04
                • Ubuntu 7.10
                • Ubuntu 8.04
                • Fedora Core 8
                • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
                • openSuSE 10.2
                • openSuSE 10.3
                • Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10

This means a installation of the Open-Xchange Server will no longer require a build process at the server, it can be installed just like any other software. I really think this will take away a lot of problems caused by the installation process before. Therefor the installer had a enjoyable life, i had fun maintaining it but it will be obsolete as of today.
                Thanks for all the support you gave to make the installer better than i could ever imagine, special thanks also the openSuSE installer maintainers (Gertjan) for creating a great port.

If you encounter any problems by using this packages (especially installing issue) please report those bugs to make the software better http://bugs.open-xchange.com/

Martin Braun

more information:

Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Hi Martin,

it is great, that there is no need to compile the packages on the own server anymore.
                  But could you, or someone else, provide us a guide to "update" a script based installation to the new package based one?

Michael Schönbeck

Comment

• Hi Michael,

updating a selfcompiled version to the packages could be done by saving the OX configuration
                    files (/opt/open-xchange/etc/*) to another place, installing the packages and merging the
                    configuration afterwards. Sadly the selfcompiled version does not have any version tracking
                    or package manager entries so that a installation by package requires those steps.
                    I did not yet tested this way to upgrade so please make sure everything has been backupped,
                    if i'll find time for checking the procedure i'll let you know.

Martin

Comment

• cool.

A more detailed Howto upgrade the selfcompiled Version to Packages version would be lovely !
                      What exactly would i have to merge ?
                      surely not the complete /opt/open-xchange/etc/* ?
                      And will all the data in the filespool be usable afterwards...and mail, and contacts...

I know...lots of questions, but maybe you can help.

Thanx in advance
                      Sascha

Comment

• Hey Sascha,

the database with your existing data will be updated automatically when updating the software,
                        so there should be no problem with that. In fact a lot of configuration options have moved and
                        new options have been added, so i'd suggest to compare every configuration file after the up-
                        date and merge relevant parts. I'll report back what files are most critical on a default installation.

Greetings

Comment

• great Martin
                          looking forward to your posts !
                          Cheers
                          Sascha

Comment

• Martin,

thank you for your quick response. I think I'll wait until you had time to check it.

Michael

Comment

• Thank you very much !!!

It worked like a charm...

Sascha

Comment

Working...
                              X