as root:

Code:
    mysql
    drop database `open-xchange-db`;
    drop database `config-db`;
    please check the correct names with "show databases;"

orlando

Comment

thanks but with webmin it was no problem.

i still have the problem that my build version is "0"
      i cant connect to cyradm.

cyradm -u oxadmin localhost

then comes only an empty prompt.

my createuser shows me this error:

Code:
      Server response:
       Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is: 
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)

Comment

some questions?

- which Linux Distribution do you use?
        - your version of cyrus?

cyrus 2.2 in ubuntu edgy is buggy and doesn't work. on ubuntu edgy you can use cyrus 2.1

orlando

Comment

Ubuntu 6.10 which was recommend and cyrus 2.2.
          My first installation try with the same software version was working but i will try it now. Thx for the hint.

Comment

I have also Ubuntu Edgy, and me cyrus 2.2 never worked.

The same problem. When you start cyradm and login nothing happens.

If you want Cyrus 2.2 you use this guide:

Since I don't know the proper way to submit a change, I have attached the new control file. If you wish to build your own package from source, you simply need to do the following:

1. Download the attached control patch file which simply changes the build-depends from libdb4.3-dev to libdb4.4-dev.

2. Get the cyrus-imapd-2.2 source

# apt-get source cyrus-imapd-2.2

The source will be downloaded and expanded in your current working directory

3. Get the build dependencies

# apt-get build-dep cyrus-imapd-2.2
            # apt-get install libdb4.4-dev fakeroot

Since the current source lists libdb4.3-dev as a build dependency, we need to get libdb4.4-dev ourselves. Fakeroot is also needed to properly build the package.

4. Apply the control patch

# patch -i control-cyrus-imapd-2.2.diff

5. Build the new packages

# cd cyrus-imapd-2.2-2.2.13/
            # dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

Packages will be built and placed in the parent directory

6. Install the packages

# cd ..
            # dpkg -i cyrus*.deb

If you don't feel like going through that, I have posted the correct packages for i386 and AMD64 on my site at http://rugmonster.org/cyrus/.

Comment

i've removed 2.2 and installed 2.1 now cyradm works fine but i have still the problem that i cant create a user:

root@wullbrandtundseele:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mypass" --username andreas.muenten --displayname "Andreas Muenten" --password myuserpass --email andreas.muenten@wullbrandtundseele.de --givenname Andreas --surname Muenten --language de_DE--timezone Europe/Berlin --department Decryption --company "Wullbrandt und Seele GmbH & Co. KG"
              Server response:
              Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)
              root@wullbrandtundseele:~#

Comment

please check if open-xchange-admin is running...

Comment

root@wullbrandtundseele:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin stop
                  Stopping Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
                  root@wullbrandtundseele:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
                  Starting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
                  root@wullbrandtundseele:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
                  Starting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: process already running.
                  open-xchange-admin.
                  root@wullbrandtundseele:~#

but how can i see, that its realy running? ps -aux? what i have to searching for?

Comment

normaly with

Code:
                    open-xchange-admin status
                    do you have downloaded the plugins?

Code:
                    & cd /tmp
                    & cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/var/lib/cvs co open-xchange-admin
                    & cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/var/lib/cvs co open-xchange-admin-plugin-imap
                    & cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/var/lib/cvs co open-xchange-admin-plugin-context_light

Comment

I've now installed the plugins for the 3rd time i think.

createuser loves me:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openexchange/admin/console/user/Create

Comment

hhmmm....

- delete all open-xchange-admin folders (3 folders)
                        - download via cvs the sources
                        - change to the open-xchange-admin and run
                        Code:
                        ant -Dlib.dir=/opt/open-xchange/lib install
                        only one time in the open-xchange-admin folder

maybe you recieve a error-msg.

compile:
                        [javac] Compiling 72 source files to /tmp/open-xchange-admin/classes
                        [javac] /tmp/open-xchange-admin/src/com/openexchange/admin/rmi/extensions/OXUserMailExtension.java:58: no interface expected here
                        [javac] public class OXUserMailExtension extends OXUserExtensionInterface {
                        [javac] ^
                        [javac] Note: /tmp/open-xchange-admin/src/com/openexchange/admin/tools/OXRunner.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
                        [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
                        [javac] Note: /tmp/open-xchange-admin/src/com/openexchange/admin/tools/PropertyHandler.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
                        [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
                        [javac] 1 error
                        orlando

Comment

okay, i deleted the 3 folders. Downloaded the new ones via cvs and ran the command in /tmp/open-xchange-admin/

build was sucessfull and now i still cant create users

root@wullbrandtundseele:/tmp/open-xchange-admin# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "mypass" --username andreas.muenten --displayname "Andreas Muenten" --password myuserpass --email andreas.muenten@wullbrandtundseele.de --givenname Andreas --surname Muenten --language de_DE--timezone Europe/Berlin --department Decryption --company "Wullbrandt und Seele GmbH & Co. KG"
                          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openexchange/admin/console/user/Create
                          root@wullbrandtundseele:/tmp/open-xchange-admin#

Comment

thats really strange...

do you run oxinstaller without errors?

can you check if you have both databases?

check also the access:

Code:
                            mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb
                            wich java version do you use? i'm using version 6.

Comment

I'm using Java6, both Databases exist, everything runs without errors.

But im thinking about a complet new install. Is it better to use it with debian 31r5 or ubuntu 6.10?

Comment

Ubuntu 6.10 should be ok because it is the recommended distri :-)

You know that Ubuntu is very similar to debian so both should work in similar. My favourite is debian/etch.

Until monday there was CVS-Sync error which has been fixed monday evening. Yesterday I was able to do a complete reinstall without any errors and with the user setup mentioned for the VM.

Hope to release a new VM soon with working mail setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X