Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-XChange Hosting Edition with central MySQL cluster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Heiland
    replied
    Hi Jan,

yes this is possible and prefixes for new database schemas will be added automatically, you can set this database names at the point of installation. Please see the installation/administration guides over here: http://software.open-xchange.com/ox6docs/

Greetings

Leave a comment:

• jhaprins
    Guest started a topic Open-XChange Hosting Edition with central MySQL cluster.

Open-XChange Hosting Edition with central MySQL cluster.

We have a central database cluster for all the databases of Java applications we run in our environment.
    This database cluster holds a lot of databases and is scaled to be able to withstand this load.
    I was planning on putting the databases of Open-XChange on this cluster but I find that I need to give Open-XChange way too much rights on our cluster witch could potentially endager other applications. Is there a way to work around this?
    Could I for example create the needed databases and tell Open-XChange where to find those databases?
    Could I tell Open-XChange to use a certain prefix when using databases? For example allways start the database name with OXHE_ and create the databases that are needed beforehand using this naming syntax so I don't have to give the Open-Xchange database users rights to create databases.

Greetings,
    Jan Hugo Prins
Working...
X